“Great stay with a great host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gateshead
Alexandra Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Gateshead B&B and Inns
Stranraer, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great stay with a great host”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I work in the service industry and the service me and my partner recieved was first class, Phyll was a excellent host. The B&B is only a short walk to the Gateshead Metro and very easy to find. The room was clean and very comfortable and the whole B&B was beautifully decorated and well kept. The breakfast was very enjoyable and a good selection of cereal, toast, tea or coffee, strawberries, melon and a full english. We enjoyed it so much that we plan to return for our christmas shopping instead of going to Glasgow as we usually do.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Very clean, comfortable and well appointed. Excellent breakfast with vegetarian option catered for. Pleasant hostess keen to ensure experience is a good one. Certainly worth more than the three star rating. Location convenient for our activities with no problem parking. Excellent award winning Municipal Park a few hundred yards away. We will definitely book here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I've stayed here before and didn't have a problem so I booked again. What a change. The landlady couldn't be bothered with me. I thought I was being helpful by not having a full breakfast and just asked for a bacon sandwich to take with me. Well you'd have thought I was asking for the earth. "It's not good for my health" came the reply and I'd have to see if any of the other guests were having breakfast before that was considered. One particular day she had made me one but one of the other guests had taken it by mistake. No problem, or so I thought. There wasn't even an offer to make me another one. All I heard were moans and groans and not made to feel welcome at all. There are many other guest houses in the area of which I now stay at when I'm working in the area, which is quite often. Also if you're in a party of young people forget it. The "sorry we're full" excuse will mean she doesn't want you there. My money is good anywhere, which is where it will be going in the future.

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable is a plus but service very much let it down
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Eddie682511
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Recently I had the privelege of staying twice at Phyll's comfortable B&B and enjoyed very much our conversations, her tailor-made English Breakfast and her attention to the needs of her guests - certainly equal if not better than the many of the other B&Bs I have used around the British Isles. The regular bus service around the corner into both Gateshead and Newcastle also proved most convenient. Next time I'm up north I wouldn't choose any other B&B than Phyll's Alexandra Guuest House. Chris Hamilton, Melbourne, Australia

Room Tip: Best to phone directly and speak with Phyll Watson about your needs
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chenergy
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed at the Alexandra for the Great North Run 2012, Found the location very handy for the Metro but it was the hospitality and venue that made our stay the more welcome. Breakfast intimate and of good quality (it was like having breakfast at home). Phil made us very welcome and we will use the Alex on our return. Jason, Claire and baby Alfie.

Room Tip: We had the front familly room, very quiet lots of room and very comfy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jasonlee3
Aberdeen scotland
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We have stayed at the Alexander 4-5 times over the last year and are always well satified with the service provided by Phyll & her team. Very clean rooms, Frendly & helpful staff. The breakfast is definatly worth a mention. Have and will definaly return again. Would recommend to single and family alike.

Room Tip: Book early to ensure you get the room you would like.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Me and my team have a week at the Alexander we were working up in the north east nothing was to much trouble for our host Phil rooms wear spotless a good hearty breakfast and very friendly I would recommend this b&b wholeheartedly thanks Chris Craig liam co
Playsmart UK

• Stayed August 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
#2 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Alexandra Guest House? Share your experiences!