“Alexandra Guest House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gateshead
Alexandra Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Gateshead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed for 8 days at Phyll's Guest House and can highly recommend it. My room was very clean and comfortable, the bedding and towels immaculate. I do not have full English breakfast, but I was offered cereals, yogurts and fruits as well as the tea and toast. The full English breakfasts of other guests looked very nice and were enjoyed by all. Phyll is a lovely lady who makes everyone really welcome. I will definitely be making a return visit

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I work in the service industry and the service me and my partner recieved was first class, Phyll was a excellent host. The B&B is only a short walk to the Gateshead Metro and very easy to find. The room was clean and very comfortable and the whole B&B was beautifully decorated and well kept. The breakfast was very enjoyable and a good selection of cereal, toast, tea or coffee, strawberries, melon and a full english. We enjoyed it so much that we plan to return for our christmas shopping instead of going to Glasgow as we usually do.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Very clean, comfortable and well appointed. Excellent breakfast with vegetarian option catered for. Pleasant hostess keen to ensure experience is a good one. Certainly worth more than the three star rating. Location convenient for our activities with no problem parking. Excellent award winning Municipal Park a few hundred yards away. We will definitely book here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I've stayed here before and didn't have a problem so I booked again. What a change. The landlady couldn't be bothered with me. I thought I was being helpful by not having a full breakfast and just asked for a bacon sandwich to take with me. Well you'd have thought I was asking for the earth. "It's not good for my health" came the reply and I'd have to see if any of the other guests were having breakfast before that was considered. One particular day she had made me one but one of the other guests had taken it by mistake. No problem, or so I thought. There wasn't even an offer to make me another one. All I heard were moans and groans and not made to feel welcome at all. There are many other guest houses in the area of which I now stay at when I'm working in the area, which is quite often. Also if you're in a party of young people forget it. The "sorry we're full" excuse will mean she doesn't want you there. My money is good anywhere, which is where it will be going in the future.

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable is a plus but service very much let it down
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Eddie682511
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Recently I had the privelege of staying twice at Phyll's comfortable B&B and enjoyed very much our conversations, her tailor-made English Breakfast and her attention to the needs of her guests - certainly equal if not better than the many of the other B&Bs I have used around the British Isles. The regular bus service around the corner into both Gateshead and Newcastle also proved most convenient. Next time I'm up north I wouldn't choose any other B&B than Phyll's Alexandra Guuest House. Chris Hamilton, Melbourne, Australia

Room Tip: Best to phone directly and speak with Phyll Watson about your needs
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Chenergy
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed at the Alexandra for the Great North Run 2012, Found the location very handy for the Metro but it was the hospitality and venue that made our stay the more welcome. Breakfast intimate and of good quality (it was like having breakfast at home). Phil made us very welcome and we will use the Alex on our return. Jason, Claire and baby Alfie.

Room Tip: We had the front familly room, very quiet lots of room and very comfy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jasonlee3
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We have stayed at the Alexander 4-5 times over the last year and are always well satified with the service provided by Phyll & her team. Very clean rooms, Frendly & helpful staff. The breakfast is definatly worth a mention. Have and will definaly return again. Would recommend to single and family alike.

Room Tip: Book early to ensure you get the room you would like.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family