“All the comforts of home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gateshead
Alexandra Guest House
Ranked #2 of 10 Gateshead B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“All the comforts of home”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Alexandra guest house is an excellent place to stay. Clean, comfortable rooms and a very friendly hostess, Phyll, who has a lot of information about Gateshead and Newcastle. The breakfast is very good, and Phyll will cater to your individual needs.

I give my highest recommendation to Alexandra Guest House, and if you have a car, it is easy to find parking in front of the B&B across the street from a park.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank galen m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Barry, South Wales, UK
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Had a lovely stay at the Alexandra Guest House. We were up in Newcastle visiting friends for a 50th birthday. Phyll the lady of the house was very accommodating and I must stay the bed and breakfast was one of the cleanest and most hospitable that I have ever stayed in. The rooms were immaculate and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast was also very tasty. Well recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samantha A
Lytham St Annes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Phyll welcomed us for our 4 night stay this June and showed us our room. We have stayed in this Guest house previously and knew it was going to be comfortable. The breakfasts were excellent and set us up for the day! The house is in an excellent location for touring around the northeast beauty spots. We managed to cover 4 National Trust properties, Alnwick Castle AND the Metro Centre easily

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed for 8 days at Phyll's Guest House and can highly recommend it. My room was very clean and comfortable, the bedding and towels immaculate. I do not have full English breakfast, but I was offered cereals, yogurts and fruits as well as the tea and toast. The full English breakfasts of other guests looked very nice and were enjoyed by all. Phyll is a lovely lady who makes everyone really welcome. I will definitely be making a return visit

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Stranraer, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I work in the service industry and the service me and my partner recieved was first class, Phyll was a excellent host. The B&B is only a short walk to the Gateshead Metro and very easy to find. The room was clean and very comfortable and the whole B&B was beautifully decorated and well kept. The breakfast was very enjoyable and a good selection of cereal, toast, tea or coffee, strawberries, melon and a full english. We enjoyed it so much that we plan to return for our christmas shopping instead of going to Glasgow as we usually do.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Very clean, comfortable and well appointed. Excellent breakfast with vegetarian option catered for. Pleasant hostess keen to ensure experience is a good one. Certainly worth more than the three star rating. Location convenient for our activities with no problem parking. Excellent award winning Municipal Park a few hundred yards away. We will definitely book here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Accrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I've stayed here before and didn't have a problem so I booked again. What a change. The landlady couldn't be bothered with me. I thought I was being helpful by not having a full breakfast and just asked for a bacon sandwich to take with me. Well you'd have thought I was asking for the earth. "It's not good for my health" came the reply and I'd have to see if any of the other guests were having breakfast before that was considered. One particular day she had made me one but one of the other guests had taken it by mistake. No problem, or so I thought. There wasn't even an offer to make me another one. All I heard were moans and groans and not made to feel welcome at all. There are many other guest houses in the area of which I now stay at when I'm working in the area, which is quite often. Also if you're in a party of young people forget it. The "sorry we're full" excuse will mean she doesn't want you there. My money is good anywhere, which is where it will be going in the future.

Room Tip: Clean and comfortable is a plus but service very much let it down