“breakfast of champions-yummy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gateshead
Alexandra Guest House
Ranked #3 of 10 Gateshead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Came back to town to visit and take care of our mom, no room to stay with family so checked into Phyll's b&b and wow!! It was lovely stayed for 2 weeks and had the yummiest breakfasts, kept us going all day. Rooms were impeccably clean & tidy (thanks Moira and the girls) comfy, warm beds slept like logs every night. would highly recommend this b&b to anyone and would definitely stay here again when back in Gateshead . thanks again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vivienne G

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I had my first experience of staying at the Alexander Guest House whilst going up th Gateshead for my Daughter's Wedding. I was greeted with a very warm welcome from Phyl the proprietor. As soon as I entered the property I notices straight away how clean and fresh the property was.The bedroom was lovely and the Bathroom was very clean with a great Power Shower.After the Wedding I had a wonderful nights sleep and the following morning I had a lovely Full English Breakfast that was to die for. I would highly recommend the Alexandra as a lovely little B&B well worth staying at. I will certainly be going back on a regular basis.

Michael Beall (York, North Yorkshire)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank diane1269
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This place is fantastic. We were looking for a cheap and cheerful place as we were visiting only for a night out. What we got was much better than that. Clean room, great price and a delicious breakfast. The man who ran it was great too.
Will be back again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

There are two B&B's and a few miles between them so make sure you know which one you're going to! I was in Hebburn. Don't confuse it with another just 50 metres down the road which has a lot of signs but doesn't seem to be open!

The B&B is very nicely decorated. I was in a room just off the kitchen and the bathrrom was upstairs although it did have a wash-hand basin. The room was very nicely decorated as was the house in general and very quiet. There is a front room and kitchen if you want so you can feel at home. The breakfast was fine and I couldn't really fault the place other than no being sure which of the B&B's I had booked.

About 5 minutes down the road you ahve the Longship pub for pub grub and a pint which is fine if that's your kind of thing.

Room Tip: Check the address before as there are two locations.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as it was close to a friend we were visiting - and it was wonderful! Comfortable beds, friendly hosts (the main host was on holiday during our stay - but Davey who was looking after the place was amazing!), couldn't have asked for more. Close to everything you need to be, and only a cheap quick cab or bus ride to the centre of Newcastle.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed in the family room with our 2 children and had a lovely stay. Phyll was very accommodating and friendly, the guest house is beautifully decorated and extremely clean. The beds are comfortable and we all had a very restful nights sleep after a long family party. The breakfast was tasty and we will certainly return! :-) My daughter says its the best place she's ever stayed in- Top marks Alexandra!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We needed a place to stay as we were in Gateshead to attend a Halloween party recently. After seeing the excellent reviews of the Alexandra we decided to book for two nights and were not disappointed. Phyll the owner was very nice and the rooms were spotless. Her breakfasts were very filling but lovely. Will definitely stay there again if we need accommodation in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple