“Very impresive”

Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed overnight and then was part of a business meeting the following day. Laura was helpful during the booking process and Gareth was very helpful on the day. The whole place is well looked after and in a convenient location next to the A1. I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Metrocentre, General Manager at Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for the review; Gareth and Laura were impressed to see their names on Trip Advisor, it was their pleasure looking after you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the Marriott Saturday evening , it was a late booking. It started with a rocky start with the international number I called, but we got there in the end. So glad we went ahead with the booking. Receptionist was so welcoming, she made us feel immediately at home. We went to our room which was immaculately clean, and extremely comfortable . We then went down to the bistro and again fantastic waitress who was so lovely.
This was our first visit to a Marriott and have already booked to stay at the Marriott in Durham for December . We will now look at this chain when booking all future reservations here and abroad, this I can honestly say was due to the staff at this hotel. Well done all !!

Room Tip: Top floor very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel on your recent visit to Newcastle Gateshead. We always try to exceed guests' expectations and I am delighted everything was to your liking. We hope you will return,and thank you for your custom. Have you signed up on the Marriott Rewards program, this will enable you get points for all your stays with Marriott.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just returned from overnight stay at this hotel. Ideal location for metro centre we arrived early but we were allowed to check into our room. Room was clean and warm,the bed was huge! We are evening meal in rare bar & grill in the hotel, the meal was delicious. Overall staff were great & very helpful. Rooms very nice. Will return to this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel and your experience. I am glad we were able to meet and exceed your expectations on this occassion. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed 6 June 2014

stayed here for my first wedding anniversary in the arabian nights themed room, it was just perfect very plush and it reminded us of our honeymoon in eygpt. We ate in the resaraunt from there set local menue which was to die for, i had the beef encroute to start and the lamb for main, the food was faultless and the service second to none, i would like to thank all the waiting staff and especialy the chef for making our evening so special, we used the pool which was lovely and clean as was the steem room and the sauna, the changing rooms were just amazing, its the little things like spinning the swiiming suit out which makes a difference. Location just perfect and loved the champagne cooler in the room and ice cubes just on the landing. i will be returning as soon as a nother special occasion pops up

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your first wedding anniversary. I am gald you enjoyed the room, facilities and service. I have passed on your commendation to the teams involved. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

A long time since we visited this Hotel but we were not disappointed with the reception, friendly and givig a good Geordie welcome. It was a night away for a wedding anniversary and a pleasant room, comfortable with a king size bed. The Management were aware of the celebration and we had a bottle of wine and a bowl of fruit with a coplimentary card from the team. a delightful and welcome touch. All in all a pleasant ,modern hotel in an excellent position for the Metro Centre and for all that Durham and Northumberland has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for coming back to the hotel and leaving a review of your positive experience. I am delighted the anniversary celebrations went well, we look forward to welcoming you back to the area and hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights over a weekend. Hotel was spacious, rooms were large and comfortable. Spa was nice and gym was really good, particularly for a hotel. Good choice for breakfast. It's across the road from the MetroCentre. Only down side is that it's not perticularly convenient for town. I believe you can get the Metro or a bus but realistically it's a taxi ride away (around £9 so reasonable). Apart from the MetroCentre, there's not much else around so you'll either have to stay in the hotel or head into town of an evening.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Metrocentre, General Manager at Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thanks for choosing the hotel and taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the facilities at the hotel. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Before I get in to any criticism, ill day the positives.

Staff were friendly and welcoming at the hotel. Check in was easy and from the moment I walked through the main entrance, I was in my room within a few minutes.

The room was large and clean, I had a lounge area with sofa and coffee table which was ideal for working.

The gym is also very comprehensive and the ideal start to the day along with a dip in the pool. I stay away a lot, and rarely do I find the fitness facilities to be as good as this.

My main cuiticism is that the restaurant is not open during the week. Which is crazy. All that was available was bar food. The one thing I look forward to whilst working away, is a nice meal in the evening. I'm no food coniessieur, but I know what a good meal is. I ordered some "pan fried pork with red onion..." And when it arrived, it was just breaded pork, on a large lettuce leaf, with some 'potatoe salad.' I tried to eat it but it was so bland I just couldn't.

The waiter asked if everything was ok and I told him it wasn't, that the food was poor. He didn't much know what to say beyond that point. If it was my own money I was paying with, I would have refused to pay. Why on earth they restrict the customers to bar food during the week is beyond me. They are certainly not short of staff.

It's for that reason I will stay somewhere else next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Michael T
Metrocentre, Director of Operations at Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the hotel on your recent visit to the area. Thank you for both your positive and constructive feedback. Please rest assured that we take it very seriously and will reinforce the message with our teams to ensure no recurrence in the future. I would be more grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel prior to your next stay so that I may have the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel.

Ajith Kuriakose

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park
Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosfort...
#34 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Premier Inn Newcastle (Metro Centre) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Me...
#15 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#9 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead

Been to Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre? Share your experiences!