We stayed at this hotel from 4th to 7th August in Executive rooms.
The rooms were large, well appointed and maintained and the bathrooms were very spacious with large bathtubs, ideal for soaking.
The public areas were well appointed and maintained and the leisure areas were excellent with the large gym being provided with all the equipment needed for a very comprehensive workout. Parking, adjacent to the hotel, was plentiful and at no additional cost.
All the members of staff we encountered were very pleasant and professional in their approach (other than one young lady in the bar who was a little lazy!) and willing to please, well done to them.
The bills for both of our rooms had minor errors which were corrected without question upon checking out.
The hotel is ideally located as a base for touring around the surrounding areas, as we were doing, and is literally across the road and just a few minutes walk from the Metro Centre.
Our only gripe is with the bar and restaurant. The evening menu's were uninspiring. I think this was reflected in the fact that on the three nights we stayed there, the restaurant appeared to be virtually empty whenever we walked past. We travel quite extensively and have experienced restaurants at every level but we consider the cost of the dishes here were excessive, for example fish and chips £16; come on, this is only a bar in a hotel!! We did however eat here on our first night (burger and fries) and the food was tasty and well presented as were most dishes we saw being delivered to other tables.
In conclusion, shame about the food prices but other than that this is a good hotel which we would return to without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set by the A1M next to the MetroCentre, Europe's largest leisure and retail complex, the Newcastle Marriott Hotel MetroCentre offers the location, exceptional service and amenities you'd expect from a 4-star hotel in Newcastle. If you're planning a business or social event, you'll find a 524-square-metre, technologically enhanced conference and meeting facility, backed by a professional staff who will anticipate your needs and quickly respond to your requests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newcastle Marriott Metrocentre
- Marriott Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Marriott Gateshead