“Comfy stay”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
North West England
“Comfy stay”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Have stayed twice at Eslington Villa. Always met with a warm welcome. Food in the restaurant can't be faulted. Staff extremely attentive, professional yet friendly. Rooms beautiful - spacious, homely and comfy. Nice touches, such as bringing olives with your drink, and unusual toiletries in the bathroom make this hotel one I look forward to visiting. The creme brulee is the best I've tasted too!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for the kind review, i'm pleased you enjoy staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Myself and my husband held our wedding breakfast and evening reception at Eslington Villa in February 2014 and it was perfect ! From the very first time I set foot inside I knew this was where we should have our special day and I wasn't wrong. From the support that went into the planning and replies to emails from Melanie that were received at all hours of the day and night (way above and beyond the call of duty) to the final drinks at 1am in the bar with the amazing Colin after it was all done and we were critiquing the day with plenty of laughs and smiles. I cannot fault this venue and its staff in any way ! The food was amazing , beef that fell apart as you looked at it and the individual touches that the chef allowed me to put to the evening reception food were gratefully appreciated too ! We'll be back very soon to sample that gorgeous cuisine again ! The room was also perfect ; comfortable , immaculately
clean and beautifully decorated. I cannot recommend all aspects of this hotel highly enough - top rate place , top rate decor , top rate atmosphere , top rate staff and top rate food ! Beautiful. Thank you for the huge part you played in our special day :-)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank CSMusgrove
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Well, what can i say, thanks for such a fantastic review and i'm pleased your big day went so well.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Newcastle, UK
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Was booked to go to E.V for dinner with some friends, and decided to stay over so I could have a drink and not worry about getting taxis home. I emailed the hotel and was offered a fantastic rate to include dinner, bed and breakfast. I was very impressed with my room. I was allocated "Cedars" room which seemed very new. In fact you could smell the newness of the carpet. I asked for a room with a walk in shower ahead of arrival, and was thrilled to see they noted my request. The bathroom was also brand new, and very nicely done. I must find out who installed the bathroom... It was a very smart job. I checked in at 2pm and decided to order from their room service menu. A delicious bacon sandwich with home made twice cooked chips. Absolutely wonderful (see picture). It arrived quickly and hot. Our evening meal was just as wonderful and it was lovely to know I could walk upstairs to bed without worrying about getting home. Highly recommend and great value for money. Can't wait to return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a fantastic review, complete with photos. Yes, Cedar is one of a number of rooms which have recently been refurbished, i'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Eslington Villa recently for a friends birthday. The service was exceptional and food outstanding. The owners of the hotel, Nick and Mel, are two of the friendliest hosts I have met and couldn't speak more highly of them. They should be proud of the friendly but luxurious environment that they have created. Thank you very much, I hope to visit again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank's for the kind review, i'm pleased you had such a great time at your friends birthday party. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Washington tyne and wear
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding reception at Eslington Villa in Sept 2010 and could not have been more delighted with it,there was not one thing we could fault.
Have been back for a few meals since,all superb but had an overnight stay this Jan as we had been bought it as an Xmas present .
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay,food both on the evening and the breakfast was delicious and service fantastic.Room was lovely too .
Only thing I found disappointing was the wifi didn't work.
Would be lovely to have robes in the bathrooms and biscuits on the tea tray and the tv in our room was tiny so could have been a bit bigger .These were just minor things though and didn't spoil our stay and we would and do actively recommend people visit Eslington Villa.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review, i'm pleased overall you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Gateshead
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I needed to stay somewhere overnight due to a central Heating boiler breakdown. My wife and I have meals at the Eslington Villa quite regularly but had never stayed overnight.

Room was excellent warm cosy and very clean and smart. Breakfast was as good as it can get anywhere we have been and as regular retired holiday takers in several countries and on quite a few cruises we have had a great many.

Would recommend to anyone to stay in sunny Tyneside!

Room Tip: Only stayed in south facing but I am sure all are good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fred G
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thanks for the great review, i'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope you got your boiler sorted out.
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I held our wedding breakfast and evening at eslington villa a year ago 25/1/13. It truly was the best day of our lives. We hired the whole hotel which was amazing. The staff are friendly and wxstremly helpful and nothing is a bother for them. The food on our wedding day was the best food I'd ever had, and I consider myself quiet a foodie. The hotel it's self is beautiful and very very clean.

This year 25/1/14 my husband and I returned to eslinton villa to celebrate our one year wedding anniversary. We book a deal which included overnight stay with four poster bed and large bath unsuite. Three course champamge dinner and breakfast. Our evening meal was amazing. My husband and I eat our regular and our favour meal would have to be steak. The steak at eslington villa, no word of a lie was the best steak I have ever had. The steak was also accompanied by the best twice cooked chips I have ever tasted. The champagne which we were served in the lounge with olives was beautiful.

Our bedroom was beautiful and the bed was top quality and lost comfortable.

All in all five star. Can't wait to go back on our 2 year anniversary. Also going to book Sunday lunch very soon as has been recommended by many.

• Stayed January 2014
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for your kind review, i'm pleased we lived up to expectations on your first anniversary after having such a great wedding day last year. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre
#4 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,090 reviews
Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley

Been to Eslington Villa? Share your experiences!