“Wonderful :)”
Review of Eslington Villa

Eslington Villa
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Eslington last year and it was simply fabulous. Melanie and her fantastic staff couldn't have been nicer or have provided a better service. Nothing was a bother and everything was perfect.
We returned for a night stay and 3 course meal for our first wedding anniversary this May and the standard of service was exactly the same. From the welcome when we arrived to us leaving the following day, the staff were all lovely and the atmosphere at Eslington is so chilled and relaxing, you can't do anything but enjoy yourself!
Our evening meal was excellent, the quality of food and service was great and we enjoyed every mouthful. Our room was beautifully decorated, very clean and comfortable. When staying at the hotel, you truly do feel at home :) I can't recommend Eslington enough!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thanks for such a brilliant review and i'm pleased your visit was just as good this time, i will pass on your kind comments to the staff and hopefully will see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I attended a wedding evening reception and booked with three other friends to stay overnight. The hotel was a real hidden gem, beautiful hotel in glorious grounds. Staff were so friendly, our room was beautiful, stocked with toiletries and bottled water. Evening reception was fabulous, excellent service and food. Breakfast the following day was fresh and plentiful with a varied menu. Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank's for the great review and pleased you had a great stay for the wedding, see you again soon i hope.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel over the Easter weekend. Overall it was a very pleasant stay, as with previous reviewers I have to agree that the staff were excellent, very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. It is clearly a place where guests local to the area go for a meal and I can see why as the menu offering was pitched just right. We dined in the conservatory which was quite intimate and the food was of an excellent quality. We had a superior room which was quite comfortable - the bed was a bit of a struggle but you can say that of just about every hotel. Overall this was a very enjoyable stay in a very cosy establishment. A further plus point for me was the fact that breakfast was cooked to order and arrived at your table whilst it was still hot!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeLeebs

Thanks for taking the time to post a great review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I travel loads, stay in hotels often, eat out at great restaurants frequently, and so when I say that this small hotel hidden away in Low Fell in Gateshead is wonderful, I really am choosing my words carefully.

The staff are all superb, highly likeable and attentive, striking just the right balance at all times. We hired a private dining room for my mum's 80th and the way in which they helped make the event truly memorable was fantastic.

The food is excellent, and I mean excellent, good ingredients, cooked well and presented beautifully.

For any business travellers to Newcastle I would strongly recommend that you try this hotel. It has more charm, more genuine care and quality than almost any of the chains (and I've stayed in most of them over the years)

The the final icing on the cake is the price - OUTSTANDING value for money.

I hope to visit this wonderful hotel again soon, and this is the best review I've written for any hotel or restaurant in a long long time

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David C
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for a fantastic review and i'm pleased you had such a great time on such an important occasion. I've passed on your kind comments to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding here in March 2014, the venue is excellent for weddings or other celebrations with lots to offer. The staff are friendly and the service was good. The food was nice and a good time was had by all!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thanks for posting a great review, i'm pleased you had a great day.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed in the flat and it was nice and big the rooms came separate bathrooms the living room nicely decorated a great view of the gardens and sounding place the hotel and the gardens around are great and my brothers photos in the gardens the meal was great fantastic the breakfast every thing was just great this is a little gem in gateshead

Room Tip: there is nothing negative I can say about this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Nick T, Owner at Eslington Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a fantastic review, i'm pleased the whole day went so well and you really enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

First trip eslington villa and booked because of location due to business meeting. However what a find a great little hotel, with very attentive staff. Stayed in the popular room which was large clean and well furnished and decorated but the high light was the restaurant I had the early bird meal so I could go out later in the evening but was not only exceptional value but exceptional value. If you are travel to new castle and want a change I would recommend Eslington Villa.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thanks for your review and pleased you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Beamish Park Hotel
Ravensworth Arms
#13 of 20 in Gateshead
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays

Been to Eslington Villa? Share your experiences!