“Budget hotel, good location”

Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Budget hotel, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in the Jury's Inn for one night (room 216). The bathroom door was warped so I couldn't close it, despit the hotel' obvious efforts to sand down the bottom third of the door. My keycard stopped working twice, both times needing me to go back to reception to get a new card - no checks as to whether it was actually my room, nor an apology for it not working. Room was clean although no iron or ironing board. No gym although the hotel has negotiated a cheap rate with a nearby gym. Overall, distinctly average.

• Stayed June 2014
Ann_Bright, Operations Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Tylerdurden1uk,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am disappointed to read you felt we did not reach your expectations and would be grateful if you would contact me directly so that I may investigate your comments further.
I can be contacted at ann_bright@jurysinns.com.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night not a great hotel to be honest rooms were dated. No iron or iron board in the room heard all the road noise as we had a front face room. Breakfast selection not great wouldn't say this is a four star rated at all.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Ahmed A
Dear Ahmed A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am disappointed to read you felt we did not reach your expectations and that you found our rooms dated. Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays is a 3 star property little more than 2 years old which usually receives excellent feedback on our overall hotel standards.

The next time you are visiting Newcastle please feel free to contact me directly - ann_bright@jurysinns.com and I will ensure you are looked after during your visit.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Bit of a last minute booking which i did through laterooms.com but managed to find Jury Inns had 3 rooms left as most of the Hotels were fully booked. So managed to book 2 nights Saturday and Sunday for £ 165 for two excluding breakfast which i don't think is a bad price. The location is excellent a short walk over the bridge and you are at the bottom of the town centre. Pitcher and Piano just across the bridge if you fancy a local drink without having to go too far along with a couple of bars down the quays or a little walk up to grey street.
The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and great location for a night out around newcastle without having to be in the town centre.
Yes one drawback is the parking but the hotel is having another carpark built - but this wasnt a big drawback as you can park on the main road after 6.00 p.m until the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 650markb,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found both the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the team were both positive aspects of your visit.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great place to stay in an area with so many great places to visit. The hotel is modern and welcoming. Rooms very comfortable and have everything needed. The staff are great, many are Irish and appear to be genuinely warm and friendly. Breakfast offered a very good choice of good quality hot and cold food. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Tyne offer a good view but we didn't hear any noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Happytripper14,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. It's a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our location and facilities are well suited to your needs. I have shared your kind comments with the team, who are delighted to have made such a great impression.

The next time you are visiting NewcastleGateshead Quays please feel free to contact me directly - ann_bright@jurysinns.com and I will ensure you are looked after during your visit.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

The Jury's inn Gateshead is in a central location and was very clean and well decorated. I feel it was slightly over priced for what it was and the bathroom was quite small. The breakfast (£8.50pp) was definitely overpriced but there was a good selection, however the staff were very slow at clearing the tables. The staff were pleasant but lacked the personal touch especially at the front desk. The views over the river were very nice as you could see the Millenium Bridge light up at night.

Room Tip: River view rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ann_Bright, Operations Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. It's great to hear you enjoyed your time with us although disappointing to read you did not feel the team gave our usual high standard of service. I hope your experience has not put you off visiting us again and hope we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

I've been there for 2 weeks and everything was perfect! The bed and the bathroom are very comfortables. The food is delicious.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Barry SWales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel itself was ok. What spoilt it for me is that when I booked there was an error with my bill (Jurys mistake). I thought that the issue was sorted until I received my bank statement, I was overcharged by £240. After a lot of emails and effort on my part- and that of my bank, the payment was returned to me without an appology, I emailed to say that I was disapointed that they had not said sorry and my email was ignored. Poor customer service. Next buiness trip to Newcastle I will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bigphil1
Dear Guest,

I can be contacted at ann_bright@jurysinns.com.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle
Malmaison Newcastle
#15 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,169 reviews
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre

Been to Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays? Share your experiences!