“Basic bargain”
Review of Ravensdene Lodge

Ravensdene Lodge
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Went to Newcastle with 2 friends for the weekend, booked a triple room here, was greeted and made feel welcome by reception, smooth check in, room was basic with three beds and all amenities you expect to find in a hotel room, clean and was worth the £76 paid for this room, great location, cost around £7 for taxi into central Newcastle. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank DamoB1981

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here because I have an appointment close by early the next day. It proved to be convenient and is in a quiet location. The room was cheap and you pretty much got what you paid for.

The rooms were clean, tidy and fully aired, however there were a few fixtures and fittings in the bathroom that were broken
I arrived about 7pm to discover that the kitchen was closed so there was no food available and to be honest, after having the breakfast in the morning it was no great shame.
Clearly, the food had been cooked when the kitchen opened at 6am. By 7pm the food was tepid and stale and I'm not sure what was in the scrambled egg but I don't thing it was egg!

The staff were polite but there was no one around when I arrived and no one around when I presented for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Pet35
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days for work. Hotel has a fab location and is easy accessible.
The rooms were extremely comfortable. I had a double room with ensuite which I loved.
Didn't have the breakfast option as I don't eat so early so cannot make a comment on the food.
There is a bar which I didn't use, but even though it can be used by everyone I was never disturbed by any noise.
Have no complaints at all and have booked in again for when I'm there next week on business.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank heathgirl2k3
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This Lodge was booked by a stag do company, when I looked at the reviews I was worried. But actually overall I thought the Lodge was very good. I found the rooms to be dated, a little worn but clean. One gripe I did have is that the beds are too short! I am 6ft and my legs were hanging off the end. One of the surprising things about this lodge was the quality of toilet paper which was excellent ! Breakfast was included which was a bonus and was ok, a spread of cereal, yoghurts, toast & a few fry up options, all of which was edible. The lodge has a decent bar and a pool table for pre-drinks. Parking available and a taxi was £10 to the centre of Newcastle. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't book me and my wife here but for a group of lads it was good and if you take into account the amount we paid it was very good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Was really worried about staying here after reading all the reviews.

Stayed here 3rd of may for a stag.

rooms clean and fresh. Down stairs has a good bar and pool table. Staff friendly.

Only £8 in a taxi from the centre of newcastle.

Would defo recommened it.

Not sure why people are putting it down so much.

Perfect for what you pay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thehappycampers1
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Was booked in here by a stag do company and it was absolutely awful. Staff were rude, the rooms were dirty and stank of cigarette smoke, one of the rooms our group were staying in had no working shower. There was only really stag and hen do's staying and yet on a saturday morning breakfast ended at 9. It was like going back in time to the 1970's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simo429
ravensdene, Manager at Ravensdene Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Sir

Thank you for your review on the Ravensdene Lodge. We appreciate all comments whether it be good or bad. Can i Please note that the company has now recruited new management and we will be working hard to resolve all issues that you have raised and any other reviews.

Our main focus is to achieve impeccable high standards and give the guests a enjoyable stay with The Ravensdene Lodge.

Kind Regards

Lorraine Paaske ( Manager)

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

The glossy finish in some of the rooms in this hotel cannot hide the failings that are so glaringly obvious when you stay here , from the staff that are missing from there posts most of the time and horrendously under trained to the wifi promised on check in that doesn't work to the tv in your room that appears to be nothing more than decoration and displays a no signal display to distract guests from the fact the staff promised to repair it countless times .
would not recommend to anyone I like tbh .....

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business