“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Review of The Lambton Arms

The Lambton Arms
Ranked #126 of 266 Restaurants in Gateshead
Gateshead
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This pub has gone through some tough times & has finally come though with updated decor & menu. The food is fantastic, the menu changes often & everything is cooked fresh by the new chefs. The carvery is lovely, meat cooked to perfection, tender and juicy! & lots of veg to choose from. On the main menu we can recommend the steak & the curry, filled with big chunks of chicken. The staff are all extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble. I totally agree with the review from Def234 below - if you want something just ask & I'm sure they will do all they can to meet your needs! Well worth a visit!

1 Thank GatesheadOscar1

Gateshead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freshly cooked food at lunchtime”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Have been twice with my wife since the pub was reopened under new management and I have to say we were both very impressed with the standard of the food and the lengths to which the staff went to ensure we had a good meal. My wife is coeliac and most pubs these days serve food which is inappropriate. When we explained, the chef came out and discussed what he could do. We both had the roast dinner and the chef made up a gluten-free gravy for my wife. The beef was delicious (hand carved - not the tough rubbery meat that is sometimes bought in and re-heated) and the vegetables were cooked perfectly.
On the second visit we both had fish and chips - the chef cooked the fish for my wife without batter. Both meals were delicious.
I can definitely recommend the food (and they allow dogs - worth knowing if you're out for a walk)

1 Thank Def234
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing warm and welcoming”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Myself my mam and daughter had the most amazing meal at this wonderful venue. Get yourselves along to enjoy great food and service that is second to none.

1 Thank LisaScottChloe
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“What has happened to the good food”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

we often went up to the Lambton Arms and have enjoyed many a meal there the menu was always very varied with lots of choice and the specials board was interesting and very tasty. I went on Friday with my husband to find it more of a café in the middle of the rooms there was a dried up carvery that did not smell very appetising the pub was empty there was no one serving on the food and the meat looked dried up heaven knows how long it had been there. On the tables was a clip board with a small menu offering burgers or fish and chips. We were not impressed with the new set up and left for another venue

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Pauline W
Lambton2014, Owner at The Lambton Arms, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Sorry for the delay in this response. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We as a company value all feedback, good and bad. We are extremely sorry that you feel we had let you down and would love to see you back to try our new menu.