“Great value and great location”

Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed for three nights and was impressed. It was inexpensive, quiet, comfortable, modern and very well located which is just about all I want from a hotel. To be honest, I'm not fussed about other amenities or eating and drinking in hotels, apart from breakfast which was good. I easily walked from and to the railway station, to Baltic (literally just round the corner), to The Sage (just along the river) and to Newcastle city centre to eat. Staff were friendly and efficient. I would definitely return and recommend to others. I hope the prices don't go up!

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room which I hope is on an upper floor and away from the lifts and any clat...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrew L
Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hi Andrew

Your kind words are much appreciated, I'm really pleased you enjoyed your stay.

See you again

Alastair

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here for one night on New Years Eve as we were heading out in to Newcastle. The Receptionist on arrival was very friendly and professional and answered any questions that we had. The room was lovely and modern and clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very modern, being more of a 'wet room', which could get a bit slippy but otherwise very nice. We didn't get breakfast included in the price so paid separately the next morning, costing £10 each. If I stayed here again I would not pay for the breakfast as it was not worth the price. The hotel was busy, but they were very slow at replenishing the hot food which was a bit annoying.
The location of the hotel is excellent, being a 10 minute walk to the quayside and close by to the Sage and the Baltic. Parking is available at the Hotel for £5 a night, which is a bit steep. Overall though, the hotel was lovely and I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend.

Hi Rachael

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but apologise that you weren't completely satisfied with breakfast. Your feedback is useful for us to make improvements moving forward.

See you again soon

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I spent 3 days in this fairly new hotel and found the staff very helpful. It is cheaper than nearby hotels and it is only a 10 min walk onto Newcastle Quayside. Two minutes from the Baltic and the Sage. Parking a bit steep at £5 a night though. Drinks not too expensive and meals available. Beds comfortable. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Hi Jenny

Thanks very much for the recommendation. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Cheers

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Me and my partner travel to Newcastle every new years eve to enjoy the atmosphere and, of course, the fireworks that welcome the new year in. Throughout the year we tend to travel around a lot for weekends away and I can safely say that this hotel surpassed our expectations! Upon booking we expected a ridiculous price seeing as it was a busy time of year to visit, however it was more than reasonable. The carpark is secure and looks to have been recently extended, which was needed during our stay as it was completely full by 4pm!
It's a very clean, modern hotel that is just a short 2 minute walk from the millennium bridge which makes it very easy to find. The rooms have all of the basics and are nicely decorated, my only issue with the room was the heating. There is a heater, however you wouldn't really know it was knocked on unfortunately as it gives off little to no heat whatsoever and the floor is laminate not carpet so the room doesn't hold heat very well. I'm sure this wouldn't be much of an issue any other time of year, but as we visited mid-winter I was glad to have brought thick pjamers!
We had originally planned to eat out that night, however after exploring in the cold for a while earlier on we decided to eat in the hotel. I am sorry to say that we fully expected the food to be the generic "microwaved speciality", but we couldn't have been more wrong! The menu was full of well known comfort food that even the pickiest of eaters (myself included) could have chosen something from. We really enjoyed our meals and the staff in both the restaurant area and the main reception were all full of northern hospitality and made polite, friendly conversation with us while we were waiting to be served.
We only stayed here for one night and from our past experiences staying in Newcastle it has beat the neighbouring hilton on price, food, and general hospitality for us. A good find that we will no doubt return to some day!

• Stayed: December 2013

Thanks so much for the detailed review, it is a pleasure to read. I am so glad that your expectations were exceeded in all areas. I thank you for the feedback on the heating and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I stayed three nights between Christmas and New Year. We were welcomed to the hotel by an efficient enthusiastic receptionist. Our room was clean, modern and spacious. The electric room heater is sufficient to keep the room warm. The only negative would be the 'wet floor' in the shower room which is slow to drain. Parking is available immediately to hand for £5 per night. The hotel is close to The Sage and the Baltic Art Gallery and is within walking distance of the commercial centre of Newcastle. We booked as part of a special offer and it was extremely good value. We will definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi David

Your comments are much appreciated, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Regards

Alastair

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
easyHotel Newcastle
easyHotel Newcastle
#17 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle City Centr...
#25 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Travelodge Gateshead
Travelodge Gateshead
#1 of 1 in Swalwell
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle
#20 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead? Share your experiences!