“could have been better”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“could have been better”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice staff looks good But room light not working' had to ask for kettle, breakfast just about OK. We went on a room and evening meal deal yet we could not use the main menu so we was offered a 2nd class meal. The hotel should have made this Clear a let down. But the staff are nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hi Wendy

Thanks for the review. I'm really glad you found the team to be friendly but sorry to hear about the points you mention. The package I believe you stayed on usually gets very positive comments relating to quality and value so I'm sorry that this wasn't the case for yourself.

I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Alastair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Part of a stag do for guys 30-40 years old. When I arrived at around 8pm on Friday night after work it was heaving, lots of stag/hen groups. Fine for me as we were going for that kind of thing, if I was with my family would probably turn straight back out again. Check in efficient and friendly, taxis turn up very quickly to hotel as they have a relationship with one particular company so you can get around the centre quickly, you are also near the millenium bridge if you want to walk across. We were getting back to the hotel at around 3am both nights and it was still really noisy in the hotel bar. As for the rooms I was a bit disappointed, the sofa bed is awful, although I did not sleep on it others did and struggled, hard to get any air in as window barely opens, the shower is badly designed as others have commented on so water goes everywhere, would look for a different hotel if in area again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hi

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend but apologise that your stay wasn't totally perfect. Your comments are much appreciated and I hope to see you again soon.

scotland
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just back from a 2 night stay with my fiance and 19 month old daughter! We booked a family room this consisted of a small double bed and flip out sofa! The flip out sofa was horrendous every spring in the very thin mattress could be felt! I kneeled on it to open curtains and felt as though i had broken my knee! Shower also not very good as wet room and whole floor gets soaked! Will defo not be returning will stick to the comfort of a premier inn

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks for the review. I'm sorry to hear the feedback on your stay. My sincere apologies that your stay was any less than satisfactory. Please feel free to contact me directly on dgm@encorenewcastlegateshead.co.uk and we can discuss further.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I stayed one night, Sunday 30 March 2014. We had a Living Social voucher which included room, 2 course dinner and free parking. Check in was 2.00 pm. The receptionist was very pleasant, and apologised because our room wasn't ready. We had to wait until 2.30 pm. An offer of a cup of coffee or tea whilst we were waiting would have been a nice gesture. The room was spacious but instead of carpet the flooring was laminate, and as the bed was on castors it was not a good combination. As we sat in bed reading the bed gradually crept away from the headboard. Dinner was good with a decent choice. Breakfast was buffet style with choice of full or continental and was very good. All in all for what we paid we got a bargain. I have checked the hotel's normal rates and even they are very reasonable. Other than the half hour wait for our room I couldn't fault this hotel, and considering how near to the centre of Newcastle it is, it is very reasonably priced. Would I stay there again? Probably.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Hi John

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but apologise for the delay on checkin.

See you again soon

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very good hotel in a good location even although it was in Gateshead and we were visiting Newcastle. It was very near the Millennium pedestrian bridge and you could get over to the other side very easily and there were plenty of restaurants around. Staff very helpful and pleasant, Rooms very nice with large comfortable bed. First time we have been in a hotel room with wooden floors but thought it was an excellent idea for a hotel room. Power of water in the shower not great but was adequate. Could possibly have done with a couple of drawers for your clothes also. Would still recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask to be on a floor away from the hen and stag party goers. We were on 5th floor which was...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Liz

Thanks very much for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Dunblane
Reviewed 1 April 2014

A very good Business Hotel which includes descent food and a good gym.
The rooms are comfortable but can get cold in the winter.
The Staff make the Hotel and all are very well trained even when it is extremely busy.
Wi-Fi is very frustrating and is off for 50% of the time. This needs urgent attention or this will put people off.

I also hired a meeting room and the staff could not be better with nothing too much trouble. However we needed the Wi-Fi for the meeting and it did disrupt us a little. This could be more serious in future and put regular business users off. Should there be a separate Wi-Fi for the meeting rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Hi Mike

Thanks very much for the review and the positive comments, they are much appreciated.

For your information we are currently investigating alternative internet providers to make improvements on the current offering.

Thanks again. See you soon.

Alastair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
#15 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Jurys Inn Newcastle
Jurys Inn Newcastle
#26 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead? Share your experiences!