“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
U.K.
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

A pretty average hotel. Maybe one step up from a travellodge or inn.
Rooms are pretty basic and the decor although its a fairly new hotel is starting to look tatty.
Got a good deal through living social (£58 dbb) as we were going to the sage it was really handy, right next door. So great for the quayside but not the best location for the city centre.
One pont to take into consideration was full of stag and hen do's which as we all know are great if your part of them or under 30 but a nightmare for the rest of us. Lots of swearing and fancy dress at night and people coming down for breakfast in underwear,onesies and less, and not a lot of management on hand to deal with this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank durhamborntrveler
Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad you found us to be good value and well located for the Sage. My apologies if other elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. Your comments are useful for us to make future improvements.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Alastair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Stroud, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff very friendly. Food good. Room was a little noisy during the night due to air conditioning unit "kicking in" every hour or so. Television and telephone not working. This was reported on day 1 and was not sorted during our 3 day stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hi

Thanks for the review. I'm glad you found the team friendly and our food to be of a high standard. My sincere apologies that you had some maintenance issues in the room that weren't rectified. My contact email is dgm@encorenewcastlegateshead.co.uk. I would appreciate it if you could let me know the specifics of your stay so that I can investigate further.

Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed here for a night out in Newcastle. The hotel was well located and it was only a short walk into the centre for us. We ate in the hotel - the food and the service were OK. We didn't bother booking breakfast as we weren't sure who would want it. The room was perfect for the one night stay, light and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Hi

Thanks very much for the review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Melrose, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed in the Ramada Encore in Newcastle Gateshead on 07.04,14 for a night as part of a living social deal, dinner included. On arrival offered to become a member of the hotel group reward scheme this offered a free bottle of water and a ginger snap as an inducement. Only later when we had been in our double room for over 2 hours did I notice that it also offered free upgrade, not offered at the time of booking in. I went to reception and asked about this and although I had already used the shower was given the upgrade to a king sized room - the hotel was very quiet.
Dinner was a complete disaster and unfortunately and let down the hotel experience. Service was dreadful and many guests were waiting for almost an hour to have food served, one chap nearby waited for 1 hour 20 minutes fro fish and chips. My wife's starter of goats cheese and pepper bruschetta was simple unacceptable with a piece of goats cheese the size of a fingernail on a lump of barely toasted bread, the replacement took the best part of 35 minutes and the intervention of the duty restaurant manger to sort out. My fish in batter was cooked dirty oil and was I am sure frozen fish - dreadfully ironic given the high quality fresh fish that the local area is famous for. The hotel incidentally trumpets where it sources it's meats from and it's puddings but obviously not it's fish. Connor the duty restaurant manager did try to improve the speed of service but the restaurant was very quiet (Monday evening) and they still were not coping. Connor did say he would address our concerns and waived the cost of our drinks.
The breakfast the next day was very good with a hot and cold buffet, being self service I have to say that I served myself impeccably in comparison with the previous evening.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Alastair R, Manager at Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Hi

Thanks for the review. My sincere apologies that your experience was any less than satisfactory. I have been informed that there were some issues with F & B service on Monday night. I hope you can see from other TripAdvisor reviews that this was out of the ordinary and I hope it won't put you off staying with us again in the future. For your information we purchase fresh fish from Taylor's in North Shields, it certainly isn't frozen but if it wasn't acceptable then my apologies once more. I have passed all of your comments on to the relevant colleagues.

If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.

leamington spa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here last year, midweek, but visited for the (Jazz Fest )weekend so encountered the Stag and Hen groups. However we were given a really quiet room and stayed away from the row of the bar and restaurant. However: TV remote not working. No big deal, went down and changed it.Then on our first down time found one of the reading lights was broken. And, puzzled by the first night on an uneven mattress, discovered on inspection that in fact a castor was broken and the bed was visibly listing. Odd that mattress covers aren't used especially considering the flimsy sheets which easily came loose. Even Travelodge use them! Reception helped by changing our room but I wonder why there is no systematic way of finding and correcting these faults before the guest does?
Weekend breakfasts were a bit chaotic with things like glasses, plates, knives running short and a 15 minute wait for a poached egg. Short of staff or not prepared for the weekend rush? One guy was very attentive at breakfast (a Spanish speaker) and staff were generally helpful and polite. But would we book again next year? Almost certainly not.

3 Thank jimleamington
Hi Jim

Thanks for the review. I'm sorry to hear that your second stay wasn't as good as your first. My apologies for all of the issues you describe. All of your points have been covered with the relevant Managers so that action can be taken.

I hope you will give us another chance and if I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice staff looks good But room light not working' had to ask for kettle, breakfast just about OK. We went on a room and evening meal deal yet we could not use the main menu so we was offered a 2nd class meal. The hotel should have made this Clear a let down. But the staff are nice.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Hi Wendy

Thanks for the review. I'm really glad you found the team to be friendly but sorry to hear about the points you mention. The package I believe you stayed on usually gets very positive comments relating to quality and value so I'm sorry that this wasn't the case for yourself.

I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Alastair
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
Tune Hotel - Newcastle
Tune Hotel - Newcastle
#22 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 84 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead? Share your experiences!