See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2015

Awful room. Shabby and dirty. Used tea bags in the waste bin when we arrived! Taps broken and shower rail a joke. No mattress protector and stained sheets. Noise from Central heating pump sounds like you are next to the engine room on a ship! Dingy lighting because bulbs missing in the room and bathroom. Kept awake until 2.00 am by a party of drunken lads and girls in the room next door who were noisy, lewd and offensive. No one on the premises to complain to. Presume the manager leaves the premises at night and let's everyone fend for themselves. Not good enough!
Breakfast very good served by a delightful lady. Pity the rest of the hotel was not up-to her standard.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Great place to stay. Staff very accommodating. Wouldnt hesitate to stay stay again. Met by a loverly guy who was very knowledgable about the area. Loverly breakfast, served by a loverly women.only criticism an extra sausage would go down better than tinned tomato. but didnt spoil anything

Room Tip: great room
Reviewed 22 October 2015

I'm not usually one to write reviews but after staying in this hotel I felt that it was my duty to do so.
Upon arriving we rang the bell a few times and eventually only got in because another resident was leaving. We then had to go and find someone to check in. Our room wasn’t ready so we just dumped our bags and caught the bus into town to watch the rugby. When we got back that night we could see that the bed sheets had been changed but in terms of cleaning the room it’s safe to say it hadn’t been done for a while. There was a clock above the bed that was coated in a thick layer of dust, the shower screen was filthy, it wasn’t just water marks it was dirt, and all the wood panelling on the wall was covered in dust. We were also in a room right by the front door which meant that we were kept up all night with people coming and going, running up and down the corridor and even getting locked out! The next morning we went for breakfast and the conservatory was again dirty and run down. The juice jug looked as if it hadn’t had a proper clean in months and was just topped up every day. The breakfast was ok, but when we went to find someone to give our key back to I wish I hadn’t seen the state of the kitchen. I very much doubt it would pass any health and safety test.
We then went off into Scotland for a week and had a fabulous time but all the while we had in the back of our minds that we would have to return and had 2 nights booked in. If there hadn’t been such major events going on in Newcastle that weekend we would definitely have cancelled our booking and stayed somewhere else. Upon returning our first impressions were slightly better, we were let in with someone and we had a room upstairs that was ready. As soon as we got into the room we could see though that not much had changed. The bed was broken and missing a panel, the tap in the bathroom was broken, the bath matt was falling apart, again the wood panelling was covered in dust, one of the towels was dirty, and the lampshade above the bed had a thick layer of dust on. We also only had a bath with a shower head attachment which means you had to hold the showerhead whilst taking a “shower”, this isn’t exactly ideal if you are planning on washing your hair at any point.
We went off to the rugby again and stayed the night. In the morning when we got up we made the decision that once we finished watching the rugby we would drive back home late that night instead of staying over as we couldn’t face another night there. We just want to be at home in a clean bed and room and have a good night’s sleep.
We always knew that this place wasn’t going to be the best but as we were out watching the rugby all we needed was a clean bed for the night but we didn’t even get that. This place is extremely run down and in dire need of a renovation. As things stand, I wouldn’t stay there again even if you paid me.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

This hotel is ideally situated for metro centre which is only 10 mins walk away,I have stayed in this hotel before when it was excellent. However the place has become very run down and the alterations have been done to a very poor standard.It was dirty and the duvet and pillows smelled of previous bodies which is disgusting.The one member of staff was overworked although she was very pleasant and had a smile on her face.She produced a good breakfast served in the conservatory where I stared at a very over grown garden.Its such a shame that that this place as got so run down and I would not recommend anyone stays there until its had a big update.

Room Tip: none do not stay here
1  Thank ruth b
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Its a little out of the way. But once I knew what buses to catch from the main train station in Newcastle it was fairly easy to find. Its not as isolated as i first thought especially when I found out there is a giant shopping complex a mile down the road.
The owner was very friendly and helpful. The room was quite pleasant. Breakfast was fine. As the owner explained his main clientele is people visiting the area for work purposes. Its not a fancy touristy kind of hotel. On my very slim budget I had no complaints.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo