“Perfect for a night on the tiles!”
Review of The Bewick Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gateshead
The Bewick Hotel
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My girls and i have stayed in this hotel 4 times and we are just about to book our 5th stay. We have had a variety of rooms from a double, room for 5 and so on and each have been perfect for what we were looking for. Each has their own flaws but nothing that u cant see past, a lukewarm shower...it still does the trick and cleans u. We wouldnt go anywhere else as the service we have received here has been great. 10.30am leaving time q bit of a shock but means u can have a lovely breakfast before u leave! For £25.00pp i wouldnt grumble!

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank xMissRossx

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I travelled with a group of girls for a hen night, which had been organised through a Newcastle hen/stag company. While it was a pretty cheap price, I didn't expect what we got. The room wasn't in the main hotel - we were placed further down the road in a three storey house. My friend and I had to share a double bed; a double bed with someone else's hair on the pillow and the valance sheet was filthy. The shower was absolutely rubbish, it was either freezing cold or scalding hot - no exaggeration, I promise! We couldn't wash our hair because you couldn't stand under it long enough to get wet - we literally had to duck and dive through the lukewarm 3 seconds between the other two extreme water temperatures to get a quick wash. While we certainly weren't expecting a 'view', upon looking out of the window we were appalled. A jumble of radiators, ladders, mattresses, chairs, carpets and other scrap and rubbish was piled wide and high just on the other side of our window - it was horrible. The window next to ours was broken with a duvet pushed through it. We ended up taking valuables OUT with us deeming it to be safer than leaving it in the room. Breakfast the next day was actually ok - the woman serving however was very rude and shouted at guests who didn't want a full breakfast - she said to one girl who asked for no beans "for frig's sake, just don't eat them" and another girl waited about 20 minutes for her breakfast and then was accused of not ordering it in the first place! All in all, I definitely would not stay again or recommend to anyone! If you're happy paying for what I have just described there then you can take advantage of the fact that it's a cheap place to crash after a night out but don't expect anything more than that! If there was any saving grace, there was a decent sized fridge in the room and ample tea/coffee making facilities and the TV was hooked up to Freeview or similar - not what I pay for when booking a room though as this is usually standard practice anyway!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank CaG87
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Came up for the weekend for Sunderland away with a few lads.

Had a big four bed room, all nice furnishings etc, big tv, bathroom etc - even a fridge and kettle.

Place was nice, area not far from the city, price very reasonable.

Let us leave our bags there while we travelled to Sunderland on the Sunday and pick them up for our coach that evening.

Nice breakfast, nice people, highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 16 July 2013

After reading the bad reviews we were preparing for the worst, but, i have to say we were presently surprised. When we pulled up there was plenty of parking outside. On entering the hotel the guy at check in seemed friendly enough so we paid up and went to our room. The room had plenty of space and even a fridge which was a big bonus! the beds were perfectly comfy and there was loads of plug sockets a big mirror. In all honestly it wasn't spotless by any accounts and the bed sheets wasn't ironed but what do you expect for 25quid a night! The center was only 4 pounds away in a taxi so perfect location without the hefty price tag, The only criticism was the shower! mine was freezing cold and my friends went off half way through meaning she had to finish washing her hair in the sink! luckily we laughed it off. This place isn't half as bad as people are making out, if your looking for a night in Newcastle with somewhere to rest your head then give it a try.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Afoster91
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Four of us Stayed here last weekend 29th June 13 for one night. We had read some of the terrible reviews on here after booking and we were dreading it. We took our own towels, slippers, bleach and all agreed we wouldn't be in the hotel for long, only to get changed before we went out as we had showered, had hair and make up done before we got to hotel. if it was that bad, we had planned to stay up all night and not get in bed.
First impressions were ok. We were greeted by a man who checked us in and wasn't too talkative but we didn't care. We just wanted to get to our room and see it. We stayed in room 6 and as I opened the door my heart was in my mouth. Much to our surprise, the room was CLEAN, NICELY FURNISHED, CLEAN TOWELS/BEDDING, plasma TV ,the en suite bathroom was modern, clean and we were all so relieved. I obviously never seen inside any of the other rooms but room 6 was good. We couldn't grumble for £25 each incl breakfast which was a full english, toast jam/marmalade etc, cereals, coffee, tea, orange juice, water. We got asked to leave our room at 10.30. We went for the Newcastle nightlife and to get from hotel to the town centre the taxi was only £5.20 so not bad at all. Four very relieved girls.

Room Tip: ROOM 6 was modern
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gemma84_13
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel could be a good find but the staff are extrememly rude and obnoxious, we arrived on a hen from liverpool 29 in totalI think this was too much trouble for the staff who showed no interest in making us feel welcome, when the mother of the bride complained about a room , she was told to gather up her party and bags and leave if we didnt like it, I wonder if his attitude would have been different if we hadnt paid in advance.
Our room Room 9, was on a slant, the shower cubicle was dated with no toiletries not even a little bar of soap, which is something you come to expect now even from cheap hotels, the sink would not empty so when we arrived we had the previous guests scummy water and the toilet leaked which then proceeded to run across the floor because of the wonk, under the bed was dirty, bed linen grubby, and on top it off my daughter mislaid her key and was told to "go and find it", she paid the £10 fee only to be threatended by the short blonde woman with the 2 dogs when my daughter told her she needed to improve her customer service, the woman went to hit my daughter only to be intervended by my other daughter, we were not roudy, just a group of family and friends who are all respectable women out to have a good weekend, this hotel is up for sale and i really hope these people dont spoil what could be a lovely hotel with the right management.

Room Tip: Best tip, Do Not Book This Hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank geogie1
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Recently visited this awful over rated hotel.. We arrived to be greated by a horrible man who was rude and obnoxious, told us if we didn't like the hotel to pack are bags and go else were.. The hotel was terrible, the shower didn't work our sink was full of water, the whole hotel was on a wonk! The lady who else worked there has no customer service & thought it was highly amusing to skit at us because we turned up in rollers.. What's the deal?! I lost my key fare enough it was my fault but knowing the key was in the hotel & will be found I had to pay 10 pound for it.. To then got told by the snotty lady to "go find it myself " bearing in mind I had a coach outside waiting to leave..oh and forgot to mention she went to hit me.. I'm 20 years of age and she's about 50! The hotel has dogs roaming around how it has not been closed down yet I do not know.. Little call to trade and standards I think!
If you want my advice DO NOT STAY in this hotel pay the extra 10 pound to stay in the swallow hotel down the road!

Wey aye pet!