“2 nights. Money well spent. ”

Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I had a relaxing weekend with my girlfriend for her birthday at the Hilton hotel. Beds were comfortable and your head literally melts into the feather pillows! Closing the blinds at night blocked all kinds of light too!

For £5 a person you can fill out the breakfast in bed leaflet and leave outside your door. It was a nice touch when room service cane with most of what we ticked at our specified time!

Our view of the tyne bridge from full length windows were beautiful, I must add. I will definitely check in again as my girlfriend was hugely impressed.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,166)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

The lobby was quite vast and had a water feature. This had a bit of a smell to it but not too bad. The room was clean and tidy. There was no stationary to write notes. Evening meals were ok but nothing special. Breakfast was ok and there was plenty of options. Not the greatest in terms of value for money unless you pre-booked and pre-paid.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The title says it all really, though it start well when my car was parked for me by the concierge, though everyone, including the web site failed to point out that overnight parking was an extra £10.00.

Room: well if this was a premier inn I would be getting a refund for a very disturbed night. I was on first floor and it semed as all the noise from the conference centre was coming straight up to me, scrapping chairs or something and banging from6.30a.m. the Sound insulation is poor as my room neighbour had a loud telephone conversation which I could every word. The aircon worked but would not go lower than 19C I like a cold room to sleep.

Food: Couldn't even manage a decent bread, stale with formulaic dips. very poor. Steak expensive. the guy in front also sent his desert back as unacceptable.brealfast Ok but not worth £10.

Internet Charge of £15.oo what a rip off. even some top London hotels are doing this free now

Room Tip: Book as high as you can
1  Thank stjohnbickley
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had our company Christmas party here and it was terrific, the location was superb right on the River Tyne and our room overlooked the Tyne Bridge and the new Opera House which is a fantastic building. The party and atmosphere were great, drinks were reasonable, not cheap just reasonable, food was good and the room rate for a Hilton in the centre of a major city was competitive. On the negative side, even though you are a resident you have to pay £5 to park your car in the onsite Hotel car park, which I thought should have been included and the breakfast was not hot. Overall a great hotel and stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one over looking the river and bridge
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I often stay in the Newcastle area in a different hotel which gives us a company tariff that includes guest room internet and parking. I thought I would try the Hilton this time as there was an offer. I was not informed that the offer was for a basic rear facing room, that internet was not include and that parking was extra. When I complained I was just told that my reservation was done in this way and there was nothing that could be done. I stayed a full week and the hotel could not even offer me any flexibility. I will not be coming back to the Hilton in Newcastle or recommending it to any of my colleagues, the other hotel that I go to is better value for money, the staff are allowed to listen to their guests and be flexible and the rooms are nicer.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Guy T
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Having been to many spa facilities this one is up with the best for overall experience, friendliness and value for money. It was a special offer voucher visit and but we were treated to a fantastic afternoon. They have good deals on offer for treatments and day visits at the spa itself and the staff were so nice and nothing was too much trouble. The facility itself seems a little dated/basic but that did not detract from the experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Went over there for celebrating the new year on the 31st of December. The hotel is nice enough but the dinner was atrocious. The wine was cheap plonk (There was no choice). The service was nothing to write home about. There was no finesse and the food was tasteless.
It is a real pity since the only thing which was value for the money we paid was the ambiance of the place and the watching the Newcastle fireworks from the deck.

Room Tip: Good venue for functions but beware of the quality of food.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MEGuk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Malmaison Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#11 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
Hotel Indigo Newcastle
#7 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne

Been to Hilton Newcastle Gateshead? Share your experiences!