Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
US$84
US$77
US$118
Great 4.5/5
Beamish Park Hotel(Marley Hill)
US$100
Ravensworth Arms(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
US$74
Very Good 4/5
Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$68
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley(Gateshead)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$98
US$60
Travelodge
3,219 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetyne bridgethe riverswing bridgemini barafternoon teaa river view rooman upgradecity centrelovely hotelleisure facilitiescar parklovely roomweekend breakbars and restaurantsjeanettenewcastle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for a friend's hen doo and this hotel was perfect for us! We arrived early and the reception staff checked us in, gave us our room number and then told us to go off and explore and the luggage would all be in our room when we got back - and it was! We were all allocated rooms on the same corridor and seated in the VIP section for breakfast :0). The room had fabulous views of the Quayside and the Tyne Bridge and was spotlessly clean. I would definiately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Sally_Bennett, Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Lisa

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and my team looked after you.

I hope your friend has a lovely wedding day and all goes well.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sally Bennett
Director of Operations

Reviewed 27 April 2014

What a great hotel, convenient, brilliant views worth asking for a river view. Friendly staff, good facilities, will definitely be coming back here. Newcastle exceeded my expectations what a great place for a break.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Lindsey R, Executive Office at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Eldeg R

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, especially the stunning views.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the North East.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely reception area & were made to feel very welcome. Disappointingly when we got to our room I was shocked with what I saw in bathroom- toilet had not been cleaner, unpleasant substance on toilet seat & what appeared to be blood on the wall. Once I rang reception it was dealt with & sorted immediately but was very suprised at the poor cleaning in the first place.
The bar area was very nice but I was shocked at how expensive the bar was for a Hilton hotel. Service was very good from the staff in there however.
On the whole a disappointing stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear DanniDods

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your most recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead. We were obviously disappointed to learn that certain aspects did not live up to your expectations.

Please be assured that we view all feedback seriously and I have passed on your concerns to my Housekeeping team to help us continually improve on standards and service.

Our bar prices are a competitive price for a 4 star Hotel and I do hope this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Sally Bennett
Director of Operations

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Generally a nice stay, as you would expect from a hilton. Pool is really quiet - which is good. And rooms are spacious and clean. We have stayed Her e few times and it is always consistently good.

Breakfast is brilliant - lots of good quality products

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Lindsey R, Executive Office at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear favourite1234

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following on from your most recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, especially the pool and the great breakfast!

I do hope that you are able to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I went to this Hotel for the second time in the past year and will most likely go again later on in the year, I had a room with a view, and what a view Newcastle. The room was clean, well presented and comfortable apart from the pillows they were as hard as bricks, I did complain and within 10 minutes a very nice porter appeared with a replacement fit for a princess. I had spent the afternoon and evening in the excecutive lounge people watching( it was the foggiest day and raining so we stayed indoors ) where I was entertained by the wonderful Jeanette she is a credit to the company and what she didn't know about Newcastle and its history is not worth knowing, Jeanette kept us all chatting and laughing what a great lady and thank you for the history lesson. Food in the excecutive lounge was very nice, followed by an equally nice breakfast the following morning with the equally lovely Katie is was a pleasure chatting to you Katie again lots of information about Newcastle and the Hilton its a pleasure to meet such dedicated and friendly staff who endeavoured to make my stay as comfortable as possible. So to reiterate, food very nice, hotel very good, view second to none same goes for the staff I met. One more thing on checking out we had to wait for a few minutes while other guest checked in which we didn't mind, but the Receptionist apologised and refunded the parking charges nice touch and greatly appreciated. Will be happy to return later this year. Lorraine Tynemouth.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lorriTynemouth

Dear lorriTynemouth

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following on from your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

It is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, our service, offerings and indeed our friendly and helpful team members, in particular Jeanette and Katie in our Executive Lounge.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.