Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
The Waterside Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
The Vermont ApartHotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Bar/Lounge
Quayside View(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
View Hotel
    The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    • Restaurant
    Travelodge Newcastle Quayside(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    • Restaurant
    Copthorne Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    • Restaurant
    Roomzzz Newcastle City(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    • Breakfast included
    Surtees Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
    • Bar/Lounge
    3,219 results
    All reviewsthe executive loungetyne bridgethe riverswing bridgemini barafternoon teaa river view rooman upgradecity centrelovely hotelleisure facilitiescar parklovely roomweekend breakbars and restaurantsjeanettenewcastle
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 30 May 2014

My partner and I had pleasant stay at this hotel. Friendly staff, Clean and spacious room, very handy for the city, Car Park charges were reasonable compared to other hotels we have stayed at. Will be visiting again later on this year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
    Andrew6287, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here with us at Hilton Newcastle.

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback and I shall very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This Hilton is one of the chain that has an Executive Lounge. Unfortunately it has been dumbed down here with a severely restricted choice of food and limiting the alcohol to to just wines and beer. Yet other similar Hiltons with the same facilities offer spirits and a much wider range of food. When I questioned this I was told it was a local decision. All well and good for them, but for me, a regular business traveller it would be nice to be able to expect that there would be consistency across the brand. Why is it that I can stay in the Hilton in Glasgow and get a wide range of food and drinks, yet go south to Newcastle and I can't, but then go to further south to Heathrow or Canary Wharf, and again receive beer, wine spirits, hot and cold food, variety of desserts et, likewise in Frankfurt.

I am part of their loyalty scheme and always try to stay with them because until recently they offered a consistent customer experience. I am now beginning to stay in other group hotels in search of the consistency they once offered.

All of this aside, I had problems checking in, a disinterested front desk manager, set the scene for a mediocre stay. Other staff I interacted with varied from being professional but distant to rude and disinterested.

I am a diamond member with c1,000,000 HH points, yet you are in the process of losing me because it would seem you are increasingly taking your customer for granted:-(

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
    • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
    2  Thank Gareth_W_Williams
    Reviewed 29 May 2014

went on Saturday the 10th of may as a birthday treat from very good friends. Had afternoon tea scones with clotted cream sandwiches cakes tea just beautiful. staff fab really looked after us have told all my friends to give it a try.Have been to quite a lot of places for afternoon tea but think this was the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
    Andrew6287, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

I am really pleased to hear that you had such a nice time celebrating your birthjday here with us at Hilton Newcastle. Thank you for your kind comments and feedback we shall look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times and it still really annoys me the fact you have to pay for parking! If you are guest parking should be included, very irritating on check out when you then get stung for additional car park fees! Hotel rooms very nice and executive lounge has great views over Newcastle. Always go for a room with a view out over the River Tyne, the view from the rooms at the back of the hotel are awful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
    Andrew6287, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Jim

Many thanks for your feedback and comments about the hotel I am glad you enjoy staying

With regard to the parking we try to keep our charges as resonable as we can , I hope this

will not stop you returning in the future .

Kind Regards

Andrew .

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The outstanding customer service that we received from staff in the executive lounge from Jeanette Sweet, Melanie and James was only second to Cunard's, White Star Service - very well done to them - they are indeed the 'Face of Hilton'. Please pass on our thanks to them all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
    Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am very pleased to here that you enjoyed your recent stay here at with us at Hilton Newcastle.
    Thankyou for your kind comments and feedback which I have passed onto my team.
    We shall look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kindest regards