“Great view over Tyne in a comfortable room”

Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Clitheroe
“Great view over Tyne in a comfortable room”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Make sure you ask for a room overlooking the Tyne as this hotels setting is perfect for a night time view to kill for.Food and Service is exactly what you expect from this chain and can't fault the overall experience .

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Andrew6287, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here with us at Hilton Newcastle.
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback and I shall look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kindest regards

Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Teesside
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was a little apprehensive in staying at this hotel due to some lets say not so kind reviews I had read on here, but I shouldn't have worried. When you walk into the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead you are met with a gorgeous and modern lobby area, and then that amazing view. Our room was lovely and big with a fabulous view of the Tyne Bridge (the same view as the lobby!), a nice bathroom, and most importantly a plug socket next to a full length mirror! The food is gorgeous and well worth the dinner offer we had just as good as a fancy restaurant, and breakfast was good too. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the riverside have amazing views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andrew6287, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay here with us at Hilton Newcastle.
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback about the hotel and I shall look forward to welcoming you back in the near future .

Kind Regards

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Our trip to newcastle was spoiled by this hotel. The room was different to what we booked, we put that down to the fact they were very busy so not a problem. However after visiting newcastle we returned to our room and pulled the duvet back to be greeted by a large blood stain on the bed sheets. We spoke to the reception desk who changed the sheet straight away. However the next morning the manager was not interested at all.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashtra
Andrew6287, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Ashtra

I am very sorry to hear about the problems you encoutered on your recent stay , Please rest assured we take your comments very seriously , They have been investigated .

I do hope to see you again at the Hilton Newcastle Gateshead soon

Kind Regards

Andrew .
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I came here this weekend as part of a hen do for one of my best friends. We arrived at about 1:15pm to check in, with our treatments at 2pm in the spa we knew we'd have enough time to get there. On check in we were asked to pre-order from their menu which was quick and easy enough, then a few of us went to the spa to get our treatments. We arrived a couple of minutes past 2pm (as the 13 of us were having to pre-order at the restaurant). This is where the hotel let itself down. We had to fill out the form for our treatments, then one by one taken to a room by a member of staff. I was put in a really small room, which felt stuffy. Treatments were meant to last 20 minutes, when they actually took 10/15, with her giving me 5 minutes at the end to get back dressed. The whole thing seemed rushed, although the massage itself was really good. This element let the stay down, and set the mood for the rest of the time in the spa. People were also going through the changing rooms to get to their treatments (which I thought was a little strange) and some of the girls at the spa lacked enthusiasm. Only one of our group out of the 13 said she was chatty and seemed interested in her treatment and what she was doing in Newcastle.

Nonetheless, the rest of the stay was really good. Our meal in the restaurant was really good, and all the food came out quickly. Nice, friendly staff (being a waitress in a hotel myself I know about good customer service) and they were really good.

One member of the staff in particular who was excellent was the doorman at the main entrance of the hotel. Every time we walked by him he smiled and made polite conversation. Me and my friend needed to get to a shop and he gave us clear directions and was just really friendly. I didn't catch his name from his badge, but he deserves a special thank you.

All in all, it was a good stay and I would come back again, just maybe not use the spa facilities.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I booked this hotel as was under the impression that the use of the facilities and fabulous service would be well worth the cost, as it was a birthday treat I wanted it to be special. Upon arriving we were assigned a room there was no mention of our request for an upgrade to a river view and after enquiring was told no there isn't your room has already been assigned. The family room whilst spacious lacked some finishing touches, only enough cups, water and pillows for 2 despite there being 3 guests, the beds were like rocks and the room temp seemed to hot or to cold despite the air con but then couldn't get the temperature gauge to move must have been broken. Was slightly frustrated at being left waiting at the reception desk whilst staff walked past when wanting some towels to use for the very small pool,eventually having to stop someone in their tracks to get attention. The room service and the food was a good standard, although the breakfasts decidedly just average, all in all not as impressed and as satisfied as should have been for the price.

Room Tip: If you express an interest in a room upgrade perhaps follow up with a phone call otherwise it's...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lindsey R, Executive Office at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Nicky B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

We were obviously disappointed that certain aspects marred your stay with us. Feedback from our guests enable us to continually improve and exceed our standards. To this end we have shared your comments with our Front of House and Housekeeping teams here at the hotel and offer our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced.

We do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us or another Hilton again in the future.

Kind regards
Lindsey
Executive Office
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very enjoyable stay. Helpful staff, rooms clean and had everything we needed. Great location. Breakfast was lovely, lots of choice. I did think it was a bit pricey for the one night we stayed, but otherwise I couldn't fault anything.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Hilton Newcastle.
Thank you for your kind words and feedback and I shall look forward to welcoming you back
in the near future!

Kind regards

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My partner and I had pleasant stay at this hotel. Friendly staff, Clean and spacious room, very handy for the city, Car Park charges were reasonable compared to other hotels we have stayed at. Will be visiting again later on this year.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback and I shall very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kindest regards

Andrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephenson Quarter
Crowne Plaza Newcastle - Stephen...
#7 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle
#14 of 82 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle Gateshead Marriott Hotel MetroCentre

Been to Hilton Newcastle Gateshead? Share your experiences!