3,355 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetyne bridgethe riverswing bridgemini bara river view rooman upgradecity centrelovely hotelleisure facilitiescar parkweekend breaktea and coffeejeanettenewcastleconciergehonors
Reviewed 16 September 2014

My wife and I had a 3 night stay at the Hilton Gateshead in September. It was one of our best experiences. The staff were very helpful, the hotel was set in a beautiful location overlooking the river Tyne, Bridge and Millenium bridge.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Andrew6287, Front Office Manager at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Dear Jo 1

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your break

Thank you for your comments especilly the feedback regarding our team members that is great to hear

I hope to see you again soon .

Andrew .

Reviewed 14 September 2014

This hotel is in a great location with fantastic views. It's modern ish hilton with very nice friendly staff, nice clean rooms with all the mod cons, the shower isn't very good, we were on the 5th floor so that might have had something to do with it!!!. Parking is very expensive too, those in the know appear to park in the street outside even tho their are double yell lines.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Laura R

Firstly congratulations on running the Great North Run !!

and thank you for your comments about your stay i am pleased to hear you enjoyed the exoperience

May see you next year .

Andrew .

Reviewed 14 September 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the Hilton - i d just ran in the Great North Run needed to eat then sleep and the hotel was clean and all staff really friendly and accommodating !! would definelty stay again had a fab view of Tyne bridge too so perfect end to fab weekend :)

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Bill P ,

Many thanks for your recent review

We are very glad you enjoyed the hotel and the view and your well deserved rest after the Great nort Run , We hope to see you back at the Hotel soon .

Andrew

Reviewed 11 September 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for the Great North Run. I had a double deluxe room which overlooked the Tyne Bridge. There was an unfortunate nasty stain on the floor but other than that my room was lovely and clean. The reception let it down only in the fact they just handed you an envelope and that was the checking in process, they also failed to tell you they had an early runners breakfast, luckily i just phoned down to the restaurant to ask. The restaurant was superb. The staff were amazing. They were polite and accommodating. The chefs were brilliant as they totally accommodated a coeliac diet and told me to chose what i wanted and they would adapt the meal. I couldn't ask for more! The parking was easy which was such a relief. I had a great two night stay and would definitely go back for restaurant service, view and location oh and parking.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Lindsey R, Executive Office at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Dear MileeScalf

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Newcastle Gateshead.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you were well looked after by our team members. We will, however share your comments regarding your check-in with our front of house team..

We hope to be able to welcome back you next year, if you're planning on running again!

Kind regards
Lindsey
Executive Office

Reviewed 11 September 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Gateshead to see a show at the Metro Radio Arena, very central to city centre, taxi to Metro Centre (use hotel taxi LA, cheapest). Stayed with my 16yr old son even he loved it there, cannot fault anything bar the price of the wine, no fridge or hairdryer/straighteners in your room for being a Hilton. All staff were very professional & friendly, the Spa treatments were great but before you book check on Ocean Spa treatment page online for their £99 for 2 offer plus treatment stay or keep an eye out on Groupon etc but as a guest you get 20% off treatments!! The best nights sleep I've had in a long long time the beds are so comfortable & the pool is a great size for a swim. I definitely will be staying at Hiltons again but I don't really understand their Hilton Honours schemes or what to do

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family

Dear Virgochick73

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel especially your time at the Spa.

We will raise your comments regarding the fridge and hairdryer with our Housekeeping team, as all rooms are equipped with both (the fridge in the unit below the TV and the hairdryer in the lift up desk drawer).

We do hope to have the opportunity of being able to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards