“Avoid at all costs.”
Review of Saif Indian Restaurant & Bar. - CLOSED

Saif Indian Restaurant & Bar.
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Rude staff.
I have never before eaten at a restaurant that will clear up starters while one person is still eating then proceed to bring the main and then attempt take away the not even half eaten starter. They informed me that I could not pay on card. I however did not have any cash and the sign clearly showed that they accepted card when I explained this the staff and was told they would escort me to a cash machine if I left my handbag and shopping with them....total nightmare.

1  Thank Duckfairy
There are newer reviews for Saif Indian Restaurant & Bar.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Visited with a Groupon voucher. The restaurants nearby in the Metro Centre were very busy except this one. Had a table booked for seven thirty. It was a bit off-putting being the only people in the restaurant. One of the waiters spoke very poor English and was hard to understand, he told us he was new to the restaurant. The other waiter was pleasent and appeared to have knowledge of the menu. The food was ok, portion sizes were good. Drinks were expensive. It was an ok meal, nothing wrong with it and nothing special about it. When we left about an hour an a half later we were stil the only diners in Saif.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Had a groupon voucher so went to the saif restaurant. The staff were pleasant and friendly but that is the only positive. i thought the whole point of groupon is show what they can do so you will come back . I wouldn`t even buy another groupon. I know we have had a heatwave but the metro centre is air conditioned so no excuse for limp browning salad. About 4 pieces of small chiken tikka for starter and my lamb chops main course was two small lamb chops and a plate of bones - not sure whether the meat had been cut off but no meat at all. My husbands sheek kebabs were ok but lamb main course was tough as old leather. Nann was lovely , freshly made but only real positive. Drinks were extortionate £5.95 for a Cobra and a soda water . All in all not surprisingly hardly anyone in - we certainly won`t be returning and certainly woudn`t reccomend

1  Thank tracygr
Reviewed 3 July 2013

this was the second time we visited the saif, as we enoyed our meal the last time.Husband had his usual shandy and I had my glass of wine. We both started with popadoms, then onion bhjai, they were red hot and very tasty.We had chicken tikka masala, food was red hot but the chicken a little bit firm, but it all got eaten and was just a minor hiccup.For desserts we both had vanilla. icecream 2 scoops, which was enough Service was good, no complaints, will probrably go back in a few months.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I've been here twice in the last month - the first time I went it was perfect although I did notice the waiter just give the plate the mint sauce had been on a quick wipe with a cloth and put it back on the shelf to use for another customer not very hygienic! (and them failing to tell us the card machine didn't work upon entering the resturant which I feel was a bit sly on their part maybe they didn't want to scare customers off as it is usually pretty empty when I go past but they knew exactly where the cash point was!) the service is always rather slow and weird it's like they are afraid to approach you to ask for drinks or to take your food order. Although they are polite whem they eventually come over, do just leave you waiting after you've finished and have to request the bill even though your clearly sat twiddling your thumbs wanting to go, The food the 1st time was full of flavour as you would expect from an Indians we get the set menu 3 courses for 8.95each which is reasonable for 2 big bahjis each including mint sauce and salad although salad does look a little sad on the plate, chicken tikka and pilau rice where beautiful, chips where cheap and not nice at all, dessert was nothing special 2 scoops of icecream which had no taste at all. Drinks where warm and not refreshing I noticed the coke was just poured straight from the bottle which didn't look chilled at all....the 2nd time the card machine was working yey! Service was still slow and strange - the food really lacked flavour this time and the mint sauce which I've had many times and is meant to be a white colour arrived pink and with a hair! This did put me off we had the main and skipped dessert...overall if the 2nd time had been as good as the 1st I'd probably go back but don't think I will maybe theres a reason it always looks empty compared to others around it. It's ok for a cheap lunch if you catch it on a good day where the food is full of flavour like it should be. Plus the hygiene things really put
Me off - the hair, funny coloured sauce, not washing used dishes properly, the sauces (mango chutney, mint sauce) seem to be kept standing on a shelf in the actual resturant where it's warm I don't think that is a correct way to store them! The 1st time they had Indian music playing which have it a nice atmosphere 2 time it wasn't on and really lacked atmosphere which again is a shame. Because it really could be one of the best.