“Ignorant staff poor service... Great food though! :/” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Saif Indian Restaurant & Bar. - CLOSED

Saif Indian Restaurant & Bar.
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Ignorant staff poor service... Great food though! :/”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Unwelcoming waiter who slammed our starter down with no smile. Waited 40 mins after starter to have the same waiter ask if we had been given our starter, I Said we'd eaten it... He then appeared with 2 more starters??!! Lol I explained again we'd already had them. He then gave us our curry, slamming them on the table and walking off, but before bringing our rice and plate he sat 2 people down.. He did apologize but then presented us with the wrong naan..which was burnt, But I was too hungry to complain! Rest of Food was nice but not very hot, was pretty much cold towards finishing.. Shame :(

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Durham, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Rude staff.
I have never before eaten at a restaurant that will clear up starters while one person is still eating then proceed to bring the main and then attempt take away the not even half eaten starter. They informed me that I could not pay on card. I however did not have any cash and the sign clearly showed that they accepted card when I explained this the staff and was told they would escort me to a cash machine if I left my handbag and shopping with them....total nightmare.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Duckfairy
England, United Kingdom
“OK!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Visited with a Groupon voucher. The restaurants nearby in the Metro Centre were very busy except this one. Had a table booked for seven thirty. It was a bit off-putting being the only people in the restaurant. One of the waiters spoke very poor English and was hard to understand, he told us he was new to the restaurant. The other waiter was pleasent and appeared to have knowledge of the menu. The food was ok, portion sizes were good. Drinks were expensive. It was an ok meal, nothing wrong with it and nothing special about it. When we left about an hour an a half later we were stil the only diners in Saif.

Visited July 2013
uk
“don`t bother -dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Had a groupon voucher so went to the saif restaurant. The staff were pleasant and friendly but that is the only positive. i thought the whole point of groupon is show what they can do so you will come back . I wouldn`t even buy another groupon. I know we have had a heatwave but the metro centre is air conditioned so no excuse for limp browning salad. About 4 pieces of small chiken tikka for starter and my lamb chops main course was two small lamb chops and a plate of bones - not sure whether the meat had been cut off but no meat at all. My husbands sheek kebabs were ok but lamb main course was tough as old leather. Nann was lovely , freshly made but only real positive. Drinks were extortionate £5.95 for a Cobra and a soda water . All in all not surprisingly hardly anyone in - we certainly won`t be returning and certainly woudn`t reccomend

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank tracygr
Durham, United Kingdom
“second visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

this was the second time we visited the saif, as we enoyed our meal the last time.Husband had his usual shandy and I had my glass of wine. We both started with popadoms, then onion bhjai, they were red hot and very tasty.We had chicken tikka masala, food was red hot but the chicken a little bit firm, but it all got eaten and was just a minor hiccup.For desserts we both had vanilla. icecream 2 scoops, which was enough Service was good, no complaints, will probrably go back in a few months.

• Visited July 2013