“My FIRST Japanese meal”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Fab seating areas and service is second to none. Excellent product knowledge and THE ONLY place in the North East that I have seen Wagyu Beef on the menu. The Beef was out of this world and the Japanese Pork Belly simply divine, it was all brought together by the fabulous garlicky rice. The Green Tea Ice Cream (served in a great bowl made in ICE) was both refreshing and decadent.
I don't know why I waited so long to try my first Japanese meal!

2  Thank JulieHobbs
There are newer reviews for Ikuze

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Always tended to walk past and not venture in, but that changed on Saturday and I've been kicking myself ever since as I have missed out on some truely tasty food . I went for the lunch time Bento box. The food was fresh and plenty of it and at 10 pound was worth the money as the amount of food was staggering. Will be definitely going back

1  Thank NorthumberlandNomad
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Visited today and must say I now have a new favourite restaurant !

We have visited yo sushi many times and have not even noticed this restaurant before . Now I don't think we'll go back to yo sushi ever again!

The set meals ' bento boxes ' are normally £12.90 but today ( Saturday ) before 4pm they were £10.50.

I had the sushi bento box, and my husband had the chicken teriyaki . The quality of food was outstanding . Loved the whole experience and we will certainly be back ! You gotta try this place! X

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've walked past this restaurant several times without paying much attention to it and always opted for the usual franchises but my husband and I decided to give it a go and we are so pleased we did!
Inside you will find one half is a Japanese layout with completely different décor to the other half. The staff are very friendly and attentive. My husband ordered a chicken teriyaki bento box and I ordered teppan-yaki chicken and fried rice and we also had some deep fried sushi. The food was a taste sensation. With 2 bottles of water the whole lot came to under £30 and we will definitely be going back soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was our first time here as we fancied a change from the usual places we visit.
Opted for two bento boxes, (one chicken teryaki and one sushi) waited about 7 mins for our food to be cooked fresh and plated up (open kitchen so you can see everything happening).
first impressions when it was brought was . . .wow. . gorgeous presentation and it was just huge for the price! lots of things we had never tried before but it was all gorgeous!
Service was excellent and the atmosphere was also very good.
We will defo be back :)