“Excellent!”
Review of Angeethi

Angeethi
Ranked #79 of 267 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Angeethi is the place to visit if you are looking to experience Indian cuisine as cooked and served in India without actually having to fly there! Our passion for simplicity and tradition makes us unique and your visit nothing less than delightful.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

A friend took us here whilst visiting my home town. Off the beaten track to strangers but an excellent find. Good ambiance, white tablecloths and excellent food and service at reasonable prices.
Will definitely visit again when in the area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dennis Q

Newcastle, Washington
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Visited on Sunday before bank holiday quite busy the food as usual excellent staff very friendly explained all about the food we had ordered very enjoyable night what more can you ask for

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Paul D
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“well worth a visit!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Hadn't been here since it changed owners. looked on the website and saw a very different menu to traditional style 'curry houses'. When we got there it seemed as though they had reinstated a few of the old favourites but there was still plenty of variety and unusual dishes. The offer I'd seen on the website was also no longer valid as they were waiting to update the website but the very charming owner agreed to honour the deal. It was a Thursday night and fairly quiet so service was brisk but always courteous. Couldn't fault the food and left without being able to sample the desert menu due to lack of belly space. Did leave with a loyalty card that rewards you for return visits-will definitely be using it. Minor gripes the out of date website and the 'chilli' ratings on the menu don't accurately reflect the heat of the dish but that's nit-picking. Well worth a visit!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dave N
“Very nice”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We went here as a group of 6 and had a table booked for 8:30. We were left for (in my opinion) far too long in the bar area before we were seated. As the meal went on it was clear they were understaffed and later after a chat with the manager we were told they were 2 members of staff short. Totally understandable and the staff present were excellent. People in our group had some good banter with the staff and we all forgot about the earlier wait.
The food is excellent, there is none of the usual english indian dishes on the menu, and everyone loved their meals. My dishes, i only had a starter and main, were gorgeous.
I will definately be going back here!

1 Thank Trickie1982
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Don’t let people like JulieT stop you from going to this fab restaurant!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Let me start by saying that I never written any reviews on TripAdvisor or on any similar site. This is not to say that Tripadvisor is not useful. It is a great site to read about people’s experiences at various establishments, places, etc. However, it is a double-edged sword and can be misused by irresponsible, attention seeking people. I was compelled to write my first review on TripAdvisor today after reading the very harsh judgement passed in the last review posted for this restaurant. I am a regular at Angeethi and have celebrated many a family occasion here. There has never, ever been any instance when we have found the welcome, food and service falling short of our expectations. And let me tell you I am a difficult person to please! The food is different from any other Indian restaurant we had frequented before we found Angeethi. The flavours, freshness and tastes are always amazing. The owners are a friendly couple and the staff are very pleasant and helpful too. So I was quite shocked on reading the previous comments. Fair enough, the reviewers had a bad starter but surely that must have been the only mistake on the night? It seems to me that the previous reviewer is a very prejudiced and whingey person as she has been picky from start to finish. Surely even Michelin star restaurants must make mistakes, sometimes. What struck me in her review is her mention about somebody else’s review on the restaurant’s tips policy but she herself chose not to leave a tip! Well, if she so agreed that tips are for service, not food then why did she not tip the staff ? And she was even given a 10% discount plus a huge apology! what more do you want? I also noticed that she has written 2 more reviews for this restaurant in the past. So if she had a better experience in the past why does she keep writing about every single trip? I suspect the reason is either boredom or maybe it’s her only claim to fame!

• Visited April 2014