“Two weeks with work”

Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Was placed here with two week training with work. I was pleasantly suprised with the location, easy to find from the airport, plenty of parking, next to a gym and greggs etc. Good amenities, food was okay, could have been warmer etc but the quality was okay. Was able to eat in my room most nights and staff rang to say it was okay. Staff extremely friendly yet very professional. Check in/ our very smooth. Busy but not noisy at all - i gather from the guests it is more a business hotel than a hotel to visit after a night out :) Thanks all!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the lift, its a bit noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Third visit to this hotel. Loverly staff, great feeling when they remember you as a returning guest. Already booked my next visit. Great location close to town centre and easy access to motorway and airport.

Room Tip: All rooms ive stayed in have been fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I used the Premier Inn at Team Valley, Gateshead, for one night and it was as good as other Premier Inns we've used.

Points to note:

1. Be advised that there is a gym attached to the side of the hotel and until about 22:00hrs there is thumping music; this then starts up again at about 06:00hrs.
Fortunately for me I had earplugs with me but be advised that there is external noise that Premier Inn can't deal with for you.

2. There isn't a bath in the room but there is a decent sized shower with a seat if you require one.
The only thing I didn't like was that the sink is in the main room.

3. Food is as good as all the other Table Table Restaurants we've used and the bar is sufficient.

4. Staff were very friendly and helpful. They had no problem with supplying extra coffee and milk for our room after we drank our quota within 2 hours of arriving.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces away from the gym; we had Room 209 which overlooked it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed in march over night as we were going to a concert nearby. This one is probably the closest to the arena cost us 5 pounds in a taxi. Reception were great, very friendly and booked our taxi and asked we we needed recommendations for any pubs. Room was spotless and we had 2 double beds, also free parking and plenty of it

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Only reason I stayed here is I got the reasonable price deal for booking early. I still find it too expensive to stay otherwise especially when the price is for room only and you have to pay over £8 for your breakfast if you want one. It's a shame really as rooms etc., are usually a good standard as is the hotel. Unfortunately as I do not often know early enough where I will be working, so cannot use the early booking offers to the full advantage. Will have to stick to the good old B&B for now.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Comfortable and clean the hotel has recently been refurbished. Big family room plenty of room for the four of us. Had a great nights sleep in comfy bed and the breakfast was delicious with plenty of variety. What more could you want for the money? Premier Inns know how to provide what a traveller needs. Comfort and good food at a reasonable price.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with our 5year old and 10 month old. We arrived about 7.30 on a Saturday night. On entering the hotel there was an awful lot of young people on stags etc and I thought oh dear we are in for no sleep tonight, but got to stay we didn't hear any noise from them at all. We checked in and went straight to our room which was very spacious and clean. We then went down to the hotel restaurant for an evening meal which was delicious and the staff were very helpful and couldn't do enough. Breakfast at the hotel was also good ate there every morning. The hotel is 5-10 mins drive from Central Newcastle. I would really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Newcastle, it's clean and family friendly, if we went back to Newcastle I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
2 mi away
Ramada Encore Newcastle-Gateshead
Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle South Hote...
#46 of 83 in Newcastle upon Tyne
Jurys Inn Newcastle Gateshead Quays
Premier Inn Newcastle (Metro Centre) Hotel
Hilton Newcastle Gateshead
Travelodge Gateshead
Travelodge Gateshead
#1 of 1 in Swalwell

Been to Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley? Share your experiences!