Stayed here again, went to see Dirty Dancing with my sister. There were a lot of hen/stag parties in which we thought didn't bode well. One group of men were wandering around reception and outside with cans of lager. Our twin room was good, what we have come to expect from this particular PI. However, on opening the shower door, we were met with a really awful smell of drains. The same happened with the sink. We didn't go to bed until 2am (we sat in the bar which closed at 1.30 am). Unfortunately I was woken by some girls shrieking for 'Megan'. We opted for breakfast which is usually lovely. Why, oh why, does e chef insist on griddling bacon??? It ends up tasting barbecued! Sausages weren't the usual quality either but otherwise still good. Staff good all round so I feel mean giving only 4 stars but I think standards are beginning to slip. Shame, I hope it doesn't get worse, we are booked to stay next February!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right beside the Team Valley Trading Estate and a short hop straight into the city centre ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Newcastle (Team Valley) Hotel Gateshead
- Premier Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Tulip Newcastle Inn
- Newcastle Team Valley Premier Inn