“Fantastic food at a very reasonable price ”
Review of Rosa Twelve

Rosa Twelve
Ranked #37 of 300 Restaurants in Gateshead
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Low Fell, Rosa Twelve brings you the best of the varied flavours from the Mediterranean and beyond. With fresh, local ingredients you'll enjoy tastes from around the world in our modern and laidback restaurant. Following an extensive renovation from the former Italia, we unearthed a hidden gem in our basement-' the Lugano Cellar Bar. Home to an intimate bar and seating area we have live music most Friday's and it's available for private hire for parties, celebrations and corporate bookings.
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Visited with my fiance and my parents recently after having heard good things and it being a short drive from us - all of which was our first visit.

We pre booked a table and recommend that if you plan on visiting you do the same. We hadn't expected it to be quite so busy.

From the outside the restaurant is very small however once inside it is a lot bigger than you imagine it to be. It is set over three floors. The basement being solely a cocktail bar, the ground floor consisting of both restaurant and bar seats and the upper floor for just dining.

We visited on a Thursday and the happy hour ran until 7. 3 courses for less than £10. During happy hour cocktails are 2 for £10 - which we also took advantage of. I opted for the tequila sunrise which was lovely and huge! My partner asked for a mojito which wasn't on the offer but the staff were happy to make it and honour it as being on the deal.

There is a vast choice of both starters and mains on the happy hour menu including soup, chicken wings, potatoe skins and mushrooms for starters and numerous pizzas and pastas whilst dessert consisted of either ice cream or cake of the day which was carrot cake.

It was a shame the Calzone wasn't on the happy hour especially as it was the same price as the other pizzas included on the offer. My partner queried this in hope of being able to pay a small supplement for this but unfortunately it wasn't an option .

We all thoroughly enjoyed our food and we're very impressed. The portions were huge - the pizza in particular. We all left feeling very full and unable to eat anything else.

The staff were all so friendly and welcoming. On both arrival and departure we were acknowledged and greeted by at least 5 members of staff which was very nice.

I couldn't help but notice they serve afternoon tea. Will definitely return and hopefully sample that next time.

Alisha H, Director of Sales at Rosa Twelve, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your kind feedback, we hope to see you back at Rosa Twelve soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

It was our first meal at the rosa 12 since it had changed hands , we ve been downstairs for drinks before but not eaten . The deco upstairs is very nice and the ambiance was good . There were 5 of us and there was plenty room at the table . We all had the Sunday dinner 3x beef 2x chicken. The meats were cooked just as we like them with plenty veg . We managed to squeeze in a couple of puddings of carrot cake and sticky toffee pud , both delicious . Very reasonably priced and will definitely be returning

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

2 for 1 cocktails aren’t worth it. Not sure if they contain alcohol?

Brought my pizza home to finish cooking it.

Alisha H, Guest Relations Manager at Rosa Twelve, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi James,

We sincerely apologise that you left our venue feeling this way.
We have since updated our cocktail menu and i have passed you feedback on to our pizza chef, we do hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Food , staff , ambience all outstanding. My favourite Italian restaurant by far . We always leave already looking forward to our next visit .

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited with two members of my family for a meal , my companions both chose a pasta dish and I decided on a lamb keliftico one of my favourites. The meals arrived fairly promptly and looked very nice, it was only when I started eating I realised the lamb was not very warm due to the fact that the plate was cold . and the meal cooled rapidly, I was disappointed but said nothing as it was half eaten and my companions were enjoying there meal.
However the chef must have known the plate was cold as should the waitress.