“Comfortable”
Review of Ravensworth Arms

Ravensworth Arms
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Gateshead
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed there for two nights in October. Nice rooms and staff lovely. Thank you. Would stay there again. Nice quiet location. Did not have breakfast as had made other arrangements. Very good value for money

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JOHNO370

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Myself and 13 of my family came to the Ravensworth Arms for a family reunion. We travelled in from all ares of the country and I have to say we could not be made to feel more welcome. The staff we enthusiastic and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. They really went the extra mile for our family and it made the visit truly memorable and special.

The rooms were clean and comfy and the food was good. The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and at home.

Really and wonderful place that I would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Great value 4 poster room with a lovely view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma L
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights recently and were disappointed with the bedroom. There are six lodges by the car park- probably converted staff accommodation or garages- and they were cramped.
I could touch all the walls in the bathroom while standing in the same spot. The towels on the heated towel rail brush against the lavatory which is none too hygenic, and there was a drains problem also which caused the room to smell. The curtain rail was faulty so when I opened the curtain they came off the rail.
The cooked breakfast was fine and reasonable value but the continental was poor quality.
The reception was scruffy and unattended when we arrived.
This is a 'budget' motel masquerading as a hotel and was poor value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Having been regular visitors to the Ravensworth Arms
we were very disappointed with the standard of food and service since the New Menu was introduced . In the short space of two weeks this place has gone down hill .
We waited at the seating point for five minutes and appeared to be invisible to several members of staff . Eventually we were shown to a table in a large room where a lunch time function had obviously taken place as the tables were still littered with glasses .The waitress took our order and after 25 minutes another waitress asked if we had been attended to .I replied that yes our order had been taken but we had not yet recieved it. The witress took our order again and it was served 15 minutes later with an apology that the staff had had a very large table to serve in another room ! During our meal the staff proceeded to clean the adjoining tables and shift tables and chairs to different positions. It was like dining in the back of a Pickfords removal van !
The New Menu is not as interesting as the former menu was and is more expensive . I chose the cod and chips without peas . The fish was very well cooked and very enjoyable but the chips were so hard and overcooked that I could not eat most of them .
I will be taking my custom elsewhere in the future as I take exception to paying good money for poor service and NAAFI standard food .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel before and cannot recommend it highly enough. Rooms and staff are superb. I would like to say a special thank-you to Catherine, the deputy manager who swiftly and without any fuss resolved the Wi-FI issue. Always look forward to staying at this hotel.
Fantasic!

Room Tip: Room 6 is a fantasic room to stay in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank northumberlandlad
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is the second time in a week that I have dined here since the 'new menu'. Both times I have been disappointed, luke warm food with not much taste last Wednesday, uncooked egg on gammon this week! Both simple things to rectify. New menu hasn't a lot of choice for me & has left me looking for another place to eat :-(

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Allyson57
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Only a few miles away from Newcastle is the Ravensworth and the location is quiet and relaxed.
The rooms were competitively priced but were not fitted out like some of the budget accommodation can be. Good sized room and bathroom.
The Restaurant is excellent both in terms of the food and the waitress who served us - she knew all about the food and the wine list and was efficient but not intrusive - one of the very best!
October is hardly the time to sit outside but the outside area will be great in warm weather.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else now.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank paul c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gateshead
Bowes Incline Hotel
Premier Inn Newcastle - Team Valley
Lumley Castle Hotel
Lumley Castle Hotel
#5 of 18 in Durham

Been to Ravensworth Arms? Share your experiences!