“Perfect pit-stop ”

Sidegate Gallery
Ranked #73 of 278 Restaurants in Gateshead
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped at the Sidegate on a road trip to 'refuel' & discovered a gem.

Brilliant selection of made to order sandwiches & lunch specials. We went off piste on the panini selection, but the bubbly girls in the kitchen were more than happy to help. Delicious! The staff overheard me mention my dog was in the car & insisted I go fetch him so they could make a fuss of him. Genuine great friendly service - a bowl of water was even provided for the dog , nice touch. Cakes, cakes, cakes.... Awesome cakes! A slice at source & a take away box full of delights.

We even managed to pick up a few gifts in the funky gift shop on the way out. I'd definitely make a point of stopping by this great little place on my travels. Keep up the good work!

PS. Did I mention the cake?.....

1  Thank ssgav1

Reviewed 22 April 2014

One of the best places for coffee, sandwiches (the chutney and jams are delicious) and that's before you get to the cake. Somewhere you can visit again and again and still not see all the knick knacks that are lurking around the corner. Staff are friendly and if your looking for something special are only to pleased to help.......a MUST try.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The cheese savoury sandwiches (huge) and cheese and broccoli scones were awesome. Bought 4 items of clothing which were lovely quality linen and good prices too.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stumbled across this whilst looking in the gift shop.. It's a very small room but very comfortable and unique. The service is very friendly and the cake/ice cream is delicious! We have since returned several times with our almost 2 year old daughter.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Coffee, cake, good price, sold.

Not only did sidegate offer some gorgeous little pieces for the home but the food was fab!

Lovely for a quick bite to eat, the staff were very helpful and the servings were sufficient to keep me going! Definitely going back x