“On the River side.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place to meet up with friends in a wonderful setting on the banks of the Tyne. It's right next to the historic Staiths. It's dog friendly And the bikers often stop off here. Good food and you can take your tea home with you.
Only issue is lack of parking if your driving there.

Suzanne H, Owner at The Staiths Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a good review Lawrence.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I found this little treasure around a year ago and visit every couple of weeks. I came across this whilst out on a dog walk so visit with my pooch as it’s extremely dog friendly and also use it for family catch ups. It gets very busy but you can phone ahead and book a table. The food is amazing, all freshly prepared with good quality ingredients. Great menu, i’m Quite fussy and ask for something slightly different than the option on menu and they are happy to alter if they have the ingredients.
They are very knowledgeable about gluten free and cater great for that. Staff are all very friendly and also with my pooch which keeps us doggy people happy! Pricing is also not bad at all, especially when it’s all freshly prepared.
Oh they also do a open kitchen on Sat nights with dishes from around the world which is lovely and very busy but you can also get take outs.
Overall well worth a visit - you won’t be disappointed
Jane and Bella (pooch)

Thanks so much for such a great review Jane and Bella!! We appreciate this very much!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great coffee, homemade scones, cakes and light meals. Also does pop up food evenings, music, yoga and lots of other interesting events. Dog and cyclist friendly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've visited this great cafe twice in the last couple of weeks; once while out cycling as it's on the Keelman's Way on the south side of the Tyne, and again for a repeat visit when the sun was warm enough to sit outside on the terrace. I was impressed with the quality of the food on both occasions. The service is good and friendly too!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Having only heard good things about The Staithes Cafe we called in after a shopping trip to the Metrocentre.
Being a Tuesday night it wasn't too busy and we managed to get a seat outside overlooking the river and Dunstan Staithes, really great views from the little balcony.
It was chilli and kebob night, we both ordered kebobs. I ordered the kofte and my wife the sharwama.
Served in good time to our table by coerteous staff on flatbreads that look uncannily like breads made locally by a middle Eastern bakery. If I am right it's not a problem as I happen to think said breads are probably the best in the North East.
The breads are larger than the plate they are served on, laden with salad, coleslaw and meat all delicious. A bottle of coke and a glass of red wine to wash the food down came to £20, taking in the views too you really can't complain at that.
I'm not normally a fan of the Metrocentre but with The Staithes Cafe on the doorstep I might have to change my mind as coming back here is a must.