All reviews fish pie the pub oldest pub stained glass gourmet burger couple pints austell brewery chorizo lamb lemon sole mushy peas cooked to perfection lovely village log fire excellent food local produce visited fowey
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had dinner at The Ship over the Easter weekend and wandered in expecting standard pub food. The menu looked great and more sophisticated than expected and everything we ordered was very special. I had a sweet potato curry with freshly caught fish from Mevagissey. Sounds dubious I know but it was probably the tastiest dish I have eaten all week in Fowey. The rest of my family ordered a halluomi burger, a beef burger and smoked haddock (complete with egg poached to just the right amount). The service was welcoming, friendly and quick. We would definitely eat here again. The dining room is traditional and full of interesting details and the whole building is very authentic and retained its Old Cornwall charm.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Super place introduced to us by friends. The fire was roaring, scrubbed tables, olde worlde atmosphere. The drinks were good and the welcome was tremendous. This is a really great place to be in the centre of Fowey.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were visiting Fowey over Christmas and went to The Ship Inn on the 23rd and 24th.
The landlady and staff were very welcoming to us and our little dog.
It was a lovely cosy atmosphere, good fun on Christmas Eve with lots of locals who were very friendly.
We ate dinner there both nights too and the food was very good.
A real gem in Fowey! We will be back.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely pub in the amazing and picturesque harbour of Fowey serving nice local ales and lagers. Nice atmosphere and they serve the best sausage roll I’ve ever eaten. Visited over the weekend whilst visiting family. Lovely place, lovely town and great pub.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

I popped in with a view to having a drink before going on to a restaurant, but found myself in good conversation and sharing food and wine with a local. Quickly I realised I wasn't going to the restaurant having seen the fodder available here. A good gin followed by a hidden gem of a Spanish white wine was accompanied by battered fish, chips mushy peas, home made tartar sauce. My companion had haddock with a fancy name (chorizo, Dauphines spud etc.). We were both very happy and more than satisfied. The cat which I think lives here was very welcoming and entertaining too. Great stuff!

Date of stay: November 2017