All reviews fish pie the pub oldest pub stained glass gourmet burger austell brewery chorizo lamb lemon sole mushy peas cooked to perfection lovely village log fire excellent food local produce visited fowey narrow streets
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in for dinner. Maybe I’m a dinosaur but this new age rap crap is annoying during a dinner meal. The median age was about 60 so please cater the clients and not the servers! Lamb rump was nice and tender. Good stop for a pint of you take it OUTSIDE to avoid the “music”!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited the pub today for Sunday dinner and we were not disappointed! Genuinely one of the nicest Sunday dinners I have ever had. I had lamb and my husband had the pork, the meat was cooked to perfection, the gravy was so tasty as were the roasts and Yorkshire pudding. Even the vegetables were scrumptious!! I want it again. If you are paying Fowey a visit on a Sunday please please do go to The Ship Inn for a Sunday roast.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie B
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We stayed here for two nights at £100.00 per night. I did read the reviews beforehand and was intrigued by the vast difference in comments from 1 star to 5.

So, positives - lovely looking building, good position in the town, fabulous window in the dining room and other interesting historical features. Helpful staff.

Negatives - the carpark is quite a walk from the Inn down steep paths and steps. The room was dirty, jaded, various parts broken, bathroom very poor and bed so uncomfortable to the point that the springs could be felt. The breakfast was served too late for my husband who had to go off to work but I ventured down for it on the first morning. The second morning we both had to leave by 7:30am therefore both missed out on breakfast. We were offered a bacon sandwich and bottle of juice which had been prepared the night before and left on a table in the dining room. As this hadn't been left in a fridge I didn't eat mine.

When you pay £100.00 for bed and breakfast and don't sleep well ( because of the awful bed) and the breakfast is non-existent then the experience of staying in The Ship Inn is not one that we'll be repeating.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Hake and chips was really good, fab mushy peas. Hubby always has a burger as it’s a safe deal. We had gourmet burger and it was v v poor. So sad as my meal was lovely. Great setting, nice pub, lovely owners.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

I only stayed here one night but have to say that despite Inn being very old & historic our room was fine with a new modern en suite. The location of this place is perfectly central in Fowey but the negative would be the parking which is some distance away in either direction! Drop your luggage at Inn then go park. Breakfast on a weekend was too late starting for us and gad we waited we would have got a parking ticket so we missed real fast altogether. Fowey is lovely.

Date of stay: July 2018