All reviews fish pie the pub oldest pub stained glass gourmet burger austell brewery chorizo lamb lemon sole mushy peas cooked to perfection lovely village log fire excellent food local produce visited fowey narrow streets
Reviewed 19 September 2018

MeaL for two was a total disaster & awful experience.... One meal came out cold.. so one meal was delayed by about 25 minutes whilst the other was eaten by my partner whilst the other waited.... they took the equivalent of £4 off the total bill...pretty awful to the frank!!! will not be returning!!!! we were both very, very disappointed!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kelly-Ann B, Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Hello Victoria

So sad to hear the comments on your meal. All the team here at the ship were very upset to hear such remarks from yourself.

As a team we all apologise for any faults during your dinning experience here that you may have incurred.

However, I must point out that you were personally asked in a professional & polite manor if you would like your plate taken back to be reproduced along side with your partners, which you verbally declined.

Unfortunately (for you) at the Ship we only cook fresh produce to order.

Normally it takes 15-20 mins for a main course to be cooked out of our kitchen.

Despite all our efforts to try and make you happy, also offering you complimentary deserts and coffees, obviously this did not meet your standards.

Clearly we have very good reports on this website here at The Ship and gladly you are a very small minority.

My suggestion for you, is to try the "Golden Arches".. sounds more like your style!

Regards

The Ship Team

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in for dinner. Maybe I’m a dinosaur but this new age rap crap is annoying during a dinner meal. The median age was about 60 so please cater the clients and not the servers! Lamb rump was nice and tender. Good stop for a pint of you take it OUTSIDE to avoid the “music”!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited the pub today for Sunday dinner and we were not disappointed! Genuinely one of the nicest Sunday dinners I have ever had. I had lamb and my husband had the pork, the meat was cooked to perfection, the gravy was so tasty as were the roasts and Yorkshire pudding. Even the vegetables were scrumptious!! I want it again. If you are paying Fowey a visit on a Sunday please please do go to The Ship Inn for a Sunday roast.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie B
Reviewed 22 August 2018

We stayed here for two nights at £100.00 per night. I did read the reviews beforehand and was intrigued by the vast difference in comments from 1 star to 5.

So, positives - lovely looking building, good position in the town, fabulous window in the dining room and other interesting historical features. Helpful staff.

Negatives - the carpark is quite a walk from the Inn down steep paths and steps. The room was dirty, jaded, various parts broken, bathroom very poor and bed so uncomfortable to the point that the springs could be felt. The breakfast was served too late for my husband who had to go off to work but I ventured down for it on the first morning. The second morning we both had to leave by 7:30am therefore both missed out on breakfast. We were offered a bacon sandwich and bottle of juice which had been prepared the night before and left on a table in the dining room. As this hadn't been left in a fridge I didn't eat mine.

When you pay £100.00 for bed and breakfast and don't sleep well ( because of the awful bed) and the breakfast is non-existent then the experience of staying in The Ship Inn is not one that we'll be repeating.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Hake and chips was really good, fab mushy peas. Hubby always has a burger as it’s a safe deal. We had gourmet burger and it was v v poor. So sad as my meal was lovely. Great setting, nice pub, lovely owners.

Date of stay: August 2018