“Nothing special and grumpy staff”
Review of Pinky Murphy's

Pinky Murphy's
Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Fowey
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nothing special and grumpy staff”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Positives- coffee was good. Sadly this is the only positive I can think of.
Negatives- very grumpy looking staff, they looked really fed up and as if they didn't want to be there. Think they are going for the shabby chic look but it was just shabby, could do with a good clean.
Won't be returning.

5 Thank Lisa P

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The cafe is lovely and quirky, exactly what we love. The decor was fun, comfy and casual and a lot of thought had gone into the lovely design.
However, sadly, as I see another reviewer commented, there was a bad atmosphere from the staff. One member, in particular, with nothing to do just stared gloomily over the cafe, making us feel very awkward.
Apart from this, we placed our order for a meal and drinks. The drinks arrived and then we waited and waited. Having finished the drinks we waited some more to be eventually told that they had run out of one of the dishes and would be like to re-order? So we left and went elsewhere.
This cafe has got everything going for it in terms of its lovely quirky design and lovely menu. C'mon guys, just pull your finger out with regard to service and making your Customers feel welcome.

3 Thank Sally H
“"We Don't Do Grumpy", Neither do We do Customer Service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Interesting how the sign outside Pinky Murphy's made reference to their not, "doing grumpy". I suspect they have a lot of disatisfied customers who they just dismiss as grumpy, "Well it can't be our fault, can it?".

Disguised as a fun, quirky slice of bohemia, it was a dirty, unfriendly and badly ran caff with long waits and delays in informing us that what we ordered was unavailable.

They only reluctantly allowed us to sit upstairs after we implored them.

They messed up my order and gave me a cheese rather than a bean pasty ( I am nauseous at just the smell of cheese) and when they replaced it ( with what a very bland and stodgy equivilent) they ommitted to provide cutlery.

I said, "Excuse me" four times, broken- record- style, before the waitress registered. I don't want to be too critical of her because she was a mere child, presumably the owner's daughter. I place the blame squarely on her supervisor and mentor.

When we shared our concerns at the end, her reply was, "Okay", and with a very offhand apology, citing, "Human error" she happily accepted full payment for (from me) a largely uneaten meal, which wasn't cheap by any means.

This was the first place we went to in Foye and it brought the false promise of a fun experience and cast a blight on the rest of our time there.

Yes, I did feel pretty grumpy by then, and It left me with the foul taste of both cheese and rip-off.

7 Thank Mark Lindsey E
Easex
“Amazing! Must visit!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

What an amazing place! Probably one of the best cafés I have ever been to. Relaxed, friendly, amazing food, and the best atmosphere!!
I sat on a large bean bag, with one of the communial knitting bags on my lap with a pint to smoothy and a bowl of ice cream! I spent a very happy couple of hours here and will def be going back on every Cornwall holidays!!!

2 Thank Sugarangel88
Leeds
“Quite possibly the best Cafe in Cornwall”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We called in on the recommendation of the Ferryman and were not disappointed. Everything about this place was AWESOME from the crazy collection of antiques to the the service.

We ordered the Vegetarian Platter and a Meat Platter and they were just to die for. Beautiful homemade hummus, pate and pea puree accompanied with a beautiful salad and a variety of hot, fresh bread.

If you go to Fowey, go to this place.

Visited July 2014