Lowest prices for your stay
£160
Hotels.com
£161
Get rewarded with One Key
£161
Get rewarded with One Key
1,962 results
All reviews car parking space complimentary gin and sherry old fashioned lift sea view lovely hotel fowey harbour dining room per night short break superb views cream tea lovely break public areas nothing is too much trouble scones excellent food cooked breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 October 2023 via mobile

Classy beautiful hotel in a stunning location next to the harbour in Fowey. Staff are extremely helpful and we were delighted to be upgraded to a sea view room.
The room was spacious, most comfortable queen size bed, power shower, everything is of a high standard and quality.
Breakfast is included and you have a choice of a full English, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, halloumi veg breakfast, pancakes and more all freshly cooked.
Dinner is also of a high standard. Will definitely be back and I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: We got the train from Paddington to Par. The hotel ordered a taxi for us, it only took 10 minutes and we were at the hotel.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Jenkins, General Manager at Fowey Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2023

Dear Sophia C,

Many thanks for your fabulous review, I was really pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It was lovely to read how well everything worked for you with the lovely room, tasty breakfast and friendly team. I will happily pass this on to everyone.

We do look forward to seeing you here again when you can next get away.

Reviewed 13 October 2023

What a gem of a Hotel. Everything was superb. The situation over looking the estuary is stunning with a sunny balcony off the restaurant to soak in the sunshine.
The staff were outstandingly helpful, my husband was not well and they couldn't have looked after us any better. The food was extremely good, the chefs are excellent. The Hotel is spotless and our room had a partial view of the estuary which was lovely, the bed was very comfortable, so too were the pillows and the towels were very good quality. Two weeks after this visit my husband sadly died but how we enjoyed our last holiday with you. Thank you to all concerned.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wisteria_10
Andrew Jenkins, General Manager at Fowey Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2023

Dear wisteria_10,

Let me begin by saying how sorry I was to read of your husband's passing so soon after your stay with us but it was good to see how much you were able to enjoy your last break together with us, I do recall how important this was to him.

Thank you so much for your positive comments on your stay, I am glad you were comfortable and that the whole team looked after you so well, it was a pleasure having you with us.

Do please come and stay again when you feel ready to travel.

Reviewed 5 October 2023 via mobile

We were very impressed with this hotel in all respects .
It is positioned next to the river and within an easy , almost level walk into town .
It’s is beautifully decorated in keeping with the age of the building .
The original gated lift has been retained which we thought was a very nice touch .
Our room was large and well appointed and the bed very large and comfortable with very fine luxurious Egyptian bedding .
There was one downside in that on one night we could clearly hear a guest in the adjoining room snoring extremely loudly.
We were very happy with the breakfast . There was a large choice available and everything that we chose was very fresh, well presented and well cooked .
We will definitely be returning

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emily Abbott, Owner at Fowey Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2023

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review, this is really appreciated.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us, we are really lucky with location and the interior's team did an amazing job with our refurbishment.

We will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Emily Abbott, Operations Manager.

Reviewed 26 September 2023

I will get my moan out of the way first. The hotel is charging top end prices which I don't have a problem with, due to the service and rooms etc., but they charge £ 10 a day for parking, which needs to be pre booked. I understand that parking is at a premium in Fowey but i don't think you should be charging for parking, especially considering the Padstow sister hotel do not charge.

Now for the good stuff.

We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who gave us our room key 307. The room was very nice, very clean and a complimentary Gin and tonic was waiting for us.
The beds were certainly very comfortable and welcoming.

Onto the food :
We ate at the restaurant on our first nights stay and it was impeccable and could certainly stand its ground with any top restaurant around the country, and I had the best Mackerel starter I have ever had and i have had a few in my time.
We also had a sandwich at lunchtime and again very very good.
Breakfast again was excellent.
The bar area was bustling and relaxed and the waiter even remembered our drinks from the day before, these little bits adds to the ambience of the place.

The staff at the hotel are all welcoming, friendly and a credit to the Harbour hotel brand.

Would we recommend the hotel yes
Would we stay again yes

As usual Harbour Hotels did not let us down.

Room tip: If you want to park book very very early.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrew Jenkins, General Manager at Fowey Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2023

Dear Dave G,

Many thanks for your very kind review and I was really pleased to see you had another good stay with Harbour Hotels. I am sorry the parking charge took some of the shine off your stay, as you saw the parking here is very limited and everywhere in Fowey with the Town car Park charging for overnight too. This is an ongoing discussion across the group.

Your positive comments on the hotel from the comfort of the rooms to the food and especially the team were really very welcome, it was excellent to read how everyone was playing their part to make your time with us so good.

Do please come and see us again when you have the opportunity.

Reviewed 21 September 2023 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a family with a 2yr old for a friend's wedding. This hotel is not really a family hotel - but the staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and that a toddler wasn't any bother. I'd particularly like to rave about Emily - she was fantastic and I think the hotel is very lucky to have her.

The room and hotel were both beautiful. I would pay extra next time for a room with a view. Sadly our room was above a delivery door/where bins were collected in quick succession at 6am. The drivers left their radios very loud, banged a lot etc and it was very difficult to get back to sleep. A room on the other side would avoid this.

I'd genuinely love to visit again as a couple to have the full experience of cocktails and food with a view. The nicest hotel in the UK we've stayed at! The staff are clearly very well trained and proud of their hotel.

Room tip: Definitely pay for parking!! It seems expensive at £10 a night but it is worth it for peace of mind!!!
Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrew Jenkins, General Manager at Fowey Harbour Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2023

Dear Victoria P,

Many thanks for your lovely review, I was really pleased to see you had such a lovely time for your friend's wedding. While we do not set our stall out as a family hotel we do welcome children and families, doing our best to make everyone feel looked after. It was lovely to see how much you appreciated Emily, she really is fabulous and every hotel should have one!

I am sorry the deliveries woke you up and kept you awake, while we can't stop these happening we can manage how they are and we will remind them all of the rules regarding being and working quietly.

It would be lovely to see you both again when you can escape for another break, definitely have a sea view and then indulge in a cocktail or two!