“Good food and welcoming atmosphere”
Review of The Lugger Inn

The Lugger Inn
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Fowey
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pub on near the quay in Polruan
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Good homemade food, order at bar with food delivered to table. Good choice for whole family with wholesome portions.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Really good pub and good atmosphere, good beers but not so good food. My son had fish which had so many bones in he couldn't eat half of it, shame really as it could have been great

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Visited this lovely traditional pub after a long 8 hour journey from Sheffield. It was 8:50 and they stopped serving food at 9pm. The friendly bar man had no problem in taking our order for the fish & chips and fish pie plus a lovely pint of Local Cornish ale. The food arrived very quickly, not only was it piping hot but it was cooked perfectly and very tasty. We have tried fish & chips in many fishing ports and believe me this is amongst the best! I would highly recommend a visit if you like the traditional pub atmosphere and good food. Darren & Stephanie from Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Dreadful service, food and a night out visit the lugger.

The staff (landlady/lord) will ensure you feel uncomfortable and as though you are intruding. The food will be tough and generally poor. They will ignore your concerns - I sent my steak back and received no apology and only got a refund when I demanded it. This really is a throw back to the worst type of pub you could find. I would say visit the bistro, everywhere else in fowey seems to think they are something special when they really are not ....

5  Thank Sonofjurel
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Please don't go, unless you want poor service, rude owners and awful food. I have been visiting Cornwall for 3o years and this is the worst pub in all respects that I have had the misfortune to visit. Dated and smelly, ok its an old place so that can be excused. I cant excuse the arrogance of the owners, that know they can fleece next weeks holiday makers and so be rude. Or food that I would not give to pigs, the steak my partner ordered he could not even cut let alone eat. When asked if it was ok and saying it was not we were told they would tell chef. We assumed it would not be charged and an apology would be forthcoming, neither happened. We should have caused a fuss however being relaxed and on Hol we didn't want to. I imagine that's how they survive. Enter at your peril.

3  Thank Pinchens