“Rude employee - not polite warm welcome”
Review of Nile's Bakery

Nile's Bakery
Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Fowey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I found the shop itself pleasant and a good display however the same could not be said for the member staff that served me.
She was not welcoming not polite when serving. Came across very patronising to her younger members of staff in front of us and other customers.
I found her to be very rude this lady who was middle aged but I couldn't catch her name but her badge started with the letter D.
I think management/ head office should address this matter as it isn't what you expect from a small so called friendly shop.

2  Thank Pixies197

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Recently called in at Nile's Bakery at Newquay & was greeted (right!!) by a sullen female employee , fortunately her place was taken by a far more pleasant person.
Settled for a cheese & onion pastie as my first choice of vegetable pastie & 2nd choice of chicken pastie were not available. Let's just say the cheese & onion pastie was disgraceful.
Disenchanted!!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visited on 1st May 2014, wonderful ,best pasty ever ! Staff very friendly, shop clean and tidy with a small area put aside for eating in which was a bonus.
Will certainly return next time we visit Fowey.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Came across Nile's Bakery whilst in Fowey looking for lunch, noticed the made fresh sandwiches/baps so decided to give them a try.

What a treat, the baps were bursting with delicious fillings and plenty of salad if requested, lots of choices available and if you don't want a bap they also do salad boxes which are equally impressive.

Would definitely recommend for a lunch on the go.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

If i choose a shop to buy a cake in Newquay, (where I live), I'd genrally choose Nile's. They're iced fingers, chelsea buns and cream donuts are unbeatable.

I opted for a chelsea bun today, in the Fowey branch of Nile's and again, I was really pleased with my treat. However, the courtesy afforded me from the employee, a middle aged woman, was less than sweet. She barely spoke to me when I approached the counter and completely ignored me by pulling the old, handing me my change whilst looking elsewhere and saying nothing move.

It left me unimpressed.