“Forget Fowey take the ferry to this little treasure in Bodinnick”
Review of The Old Ferry Inn

The Old Ferry Inn
Ranked #25 of 43 Restaurants in Fowey
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Don't get me wrong, my wife and I love Fowey and its pubs/restaurants, however we have been here for a week and had been to most of them and we were looking for something a little different. We took the Bodinnick ferry and wandered all of 20 yards up the hill to be greeted by a Cornish Frenchman, well a French Cornishman, a Frenchman living in Cornwall!!! He was most hospitable even advising my wife not to go for a pint of 7% cider!! The beer (and cider) were excellent but the food...was fantacstic - the best meal of our holiday so far. I had the Breton fish stew and my wife have the sea bass, both were cooked to perfection well done and THANK YOU.

This is not a pub of "modern" "chic" "pastels" with a drizzle of balsamic on your ice cream! this is a good old fashioned cornish pub with a very good kitchen. We loved it and will definitley be back

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a delightful stay at this inn. Although got a surprise when satnav said take the ferry.

We stayed in room 11 and had a lovely view of Fowey across the estuary. Food was lovely, and staff were very friendly. All in all a great break.

1  Thank Jo_anne2627
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We chose to eat at the Inn every night of our stay as the food was so good. The fish for the fish and chips is brought in from the local fisherman every morning and had a delicious, light batter. We also enjoyed a chicken dish which had a sauce made with cider from a local farm.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Booked this hotel with booking.com (use them all the time, no prior problems). We paid the extra for a river view, and decided to stay for 2 nights. On arrival we were met by a young guy who took us to our room, no river view. When queried this, we were told this was the room that was booked, explained that we had paid for a river view, he said there was no rooms available with a view of the river and off he went to see what had happened. Came back 5 mins later and said if we would pay another £70.00 we could have a river view room (What a con). If we hadnt have been on the road since 6am we would have left there and then. We cancelled the second night so they lost revenue. I would not rate this as 3 stars. Very basic room, clean but the tv didnt work no channels available. I opened the window and the stay came off in my hand. The owner/manager is not interested in his hotel guests whatsoever, didnt speak to us at all, only interested in his regulars (4 people). Menu expensive. I have contacted booking.com.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

fantastic location fantastic food lovely room & views nothing to dislike loved ever minute staff helpful host great