“Hidden Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fowey
Hidden Valley Gardens
Ranked #15 of 25 Fowey B&B and Inns
Oxon
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 10 October 2007

My friend and I spent three nights at Hidden valley gardens which I booked after viewing the web site. We were not dissappointed. The fountain room was great as it had it's own siting room attatched and plenty of tea to keep us happy . The gardens were beautiful, amazing what the owners have achieved in so few years. The welcome was warm the breakfast good and plentiful and we were not rushed to vacate the dining room as we all chatted for ages. We look forward to visiting again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — approach
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
hiddenvalleygardens, Owner at Hidden Valley Gardens, responded to this review, 15 October 2010
We were orginally advised by a number of other B&Bs that this reviewer writes many very negative and inaccurate reviews. This review is inaccurate but compaired with other reviews is almost positive! However, this review refers to B&B which we no longer do (only self-catering is now available) and therefore should now be deleted.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 25 September 2007

This was my 4th stay this year & my 7th in all, which may tell you something.

I have always been welcomed with the offer of a drink despite there being a kettle etc. in the room.

Breakfast has always been more than adequate & extra toast, orange juice etc. has always been offered. The room descriptions (both in the leaflet & online) are accurate - an overbath shower means just that.

Hidden Valley Gardens are well worth the drive down typical, high sided narrow Cornish lanes to the hidden valley which houses comfortable beds, a warm welcome & a garden to envy.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank tripper039
Staffordshire
Reviewed 4 June 2007

We have just got home after a two day break at Hidden Valey Gardens B&B. There was myself, my partner and his mom and we booked two of the three roooms they offer. After an ardous drive on very narow and dark lanes for several miles to the B&B at it's remote location we arrived to be met at our car and lead to our rooms,by a friendly woman but we did not know who this person was as she did not introduce herself. We were staying in the Garden Room and this was a good size room and the bed was huge. However I felt there were a few basics missing, no clock in the room or alarm clock, we only had one bath towel each and no hand towels, the shower (a Mira Sprint) over the plastic bath was very disappointing after a very long drive. My partners mom was in the Snug room, however, she found it dificult to operate the shower (she is used to baths only) and this room had a shower cubicle only. Breakfast was disappointing with one extremely small sausage and 2 rashersof bacon an egg (cooked in the way of your choice) and a tomato. We had toast but no option of white or brown bread was given and their was only a choice of 3 x types of cereal. We laughed between ourselves as the orange juice (although in a jug) we are sure was measured out by the glass into the jug as we all got one glass each before it ran out. The decor was very old fashioned and it was also not my cup of tea to listen to soft music (easy listening as it was) first thing in the morning. Finally, I did not realise that they had a cat and dog in the house and although very friendly it was not very good for me as I am allergic to dogs and cat hairs, lluckily I had my Antihistamines with me. For anyone who wants beautiful gardens, does not mind the remote location, and is wanting tranquillity then this could be the place for you.

• Liked — very clean
  • Disliked — no locks on the bedrooms doors to secure your room when you are out
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family