Stayed overnight in January with dinner, b&b. Check-in was welcoming and smooth and even got an upgrade without asking. Room was super with large bathroom and huge bed with views over Lough Erne. Spent the afternoon sitting on the super sofas in the reception/lounge area with a good book and a pot of tea. Even more enjoyable with the bad weather outside.
Dinner was in the Silks Restaurant. The good news is that the service and the food were really good. Good choice on the menu, full of flavour food and attentive service. Bad news is that the room itself was definitely something from the 70's. Poor atmosphere, largely due to the poor lighting and dark wood.
Breakfast was in the restaurant next morning. Self service apart from tea and toast. Just do not like toast served when eating cereal. Seemed to be a good choice for the healthy guests and the hot breakfast was ok - not bad, not great.
Big strong points were the leisure facilities. Fantastic pool and spa. Gym was the biggest I have seen in a hotel in the UK. The hotel operates a public club and while the facilities can get busy at some times, it was not too bad in mid-morning.
Overall experience was excellent and I would not let appearance of the restaurant take away from all of the positives. Not one word of complaint about the staff - all happy to help. Really looking forward to going back in the summer to enjoy some walks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique views and a contemporary modern style greet you at the award winning 4* Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel and Lodges. Enjoy breath-taking views over scenic Lough Erne to Cuilcagh Mountain or avail of our newly equipped "Health Klub". Get pampered at our "Kalm Spa": specialists in Elemis luxurious Rituals and products then rest in our quiet relaxation suite sipping herbal teas and nibbling on fresh fruit. Wine and dine a la carte style in "Kove", afternoon tea in "Konservatory" or enjoy a choice from our Lakeside grill menu and sip this month's recommended "Kocktail" in Killyhevlin's Lakeside Lounge and bar. Surrounded by private grounds and landscaped gardens, the hotel is located only 1km from the historic town of Enniskillen in Co. Fermanagh, renown for its National Trust great houses and a 600 year old castle, now housing two museums. We are looking forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Killyhevlin Hotel Enniskillen
- Hotel Killyhevlin
- Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges Enniskillen, County Fermanagh