“Very Friendly Staff and Lovely Views”

Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I had a lovely break at the Killyhelvin recently. We were accompanied by my parents and it made our holiday to be dealt with by friendly, mature, local staff members in the restaurant and lounge. I'd like to particularly mention Margaret, Ann and Michelle who were always so helpful. We had requested an accessible room for my parents. I liked the fact that it was a lake-view room as so often accessible rooms face the car-parks. We requested and were given a second armchair for their room with no fuss or bother. My husband and I had a lovely swim every morning in the excellent pool. The gym looks great too. The food was very acceptable but what really made our stay was the excellent entertainment (Jane on piano) in the evenings, something we were not expecting and was so welcome when you are staying with older people. The views of Lough Erne from the lounge are just beautiful, even on misty days, and there is the opportunity to sit out or take a stroll to enjoy these views. My father has asked me to include his review with mine so here it is:
My wife and I have just come back from a 3 day break to the Killyhevlin Hotel which my daughter and son-in-law arranged for us. We mutually agreed that everything was excellent. The staff were friendly and courteous. I am ninety-one years old and partially incapacitated following two strokes. We requested and were given first-class safety measures in the bathroom which I appreciated very much. Memo to hotel management – one of your staff, Jane McKinley, played the piano nightly (everything from Bach to Rodgers and Hammerstein and Percy French). She had a great repertoire. It was delightful. Treasure her, she is a musical gem.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a lake view room, they don't cost much extra. Accessible rooms have excellent...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DavidandPatricia
Manager180, Manager at Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear "DavidandPatricia"
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent 3 day break with your family. It was our pleasure to look after your parents and w are delighted with your father's feedback also. Jane will certainly be pleased: she is so enthusiastic about her music and we do treasure her. Kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,837)

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Lovely an relaxing views, good food, clean nicely kepted rooms, the general hotels staff were pleasant and pleasing. Regarding the spa and the staff that work in the spa/ leisure, I myself have been left feeling massively let down, from my experience I've been dismissed, spoken down to and disregarded from staff and very surprisingly management also, I would advise booking for short breaks but as I felt cheated via my mum to be treatment and not to mention left feeling stressed be the way i was handled at 35weeks pregnant. I diffently would not recommend the spa at the killyhavlin hotel to a friend. Sad costermers care, with poor people's skills in a 4* spa. This is just not good enough. apologies go a long way. thanks for taking the time to read hopefully youll not be treated in the same unkindly nature
K.Eppleston

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank kelly e
Manager180, Manager at Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear "kelly e"
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention and to enable us to carryout further investigations our General Manager would be obliged if you would contact him directly at the hotel quoting your reservation/ booking number and using "kelly e" as identification. We do not enjoy criticism but will investigate and make amends to ensure future guests receive excellent service. We look forward to hearing from you, kind regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Came for drinks on a very sunny afternoon. View of lough was beautiful and a very calming place to be.
Food looked good and staff helpful.would return again for that view.
Felt quite young around hotel so maybe not for us but enjoyed location.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear "Rinster1"
Thank you for your kind comments on your sunny afternoon drinks overlooking Lough Erne - what's not to like! We'd be delighted to see you back, kind regards, Leigh Watson, HR manager.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Went here with a party of friends for spa weekend. The spa was amazing. We lounged by the pool and hot tub and had wonderful treatments. The staff of the spa (not the health club) were amazing! Check in at the hotel took 45 minutes. Because we had all paid a £25 deposit for the rooms which were to be 2 sharing but the hotel decided it would be 3 sharing and they couldn't figure out that they now had to take £75 off the price of each room not £50. The reception staff were not clued in to what was happening g at all. They didn't give any information about breakfast or dinner. It was awful. Dinner that night was ok. Most of the restaurant staff were not trained properly. They would put plates of food at the top of the table for us to pass down to who ever owned the dish. They were not friendly or helpful! Breakfast the next day was worse. The food wasn't good at all. It took ages for them to bring you tea and toast. We were at a large table and girls came and went we didn't all meet at the same time for breakfast. I arrived to 3 empty seats which had dirty dishes at them. Staff members were coming to the table with tea and toast etc for others girls at the table. But it never occurred to them to clear the dishes in front of me or to get me a clean cup for tea! 3 times while I was eating my toast, staff asked if they could clear my plate away. (Still all the dirty dishes were in front of me but they only wanted my blinking plate). We booked high tea for that lunch time. They were not set up for us arriving even though we booked on arrival the day before. We were told that we would get a menu to chooses if it was sandwiches, buns or both we wanted. We got no menu they just arrived down with 3 measly cake stand with a few sandwiches, a few little cakes and scones on. Each person got 1 scone, 1 finger of a sandwich and one wee cake! We had to ask for tea several times as they didn't bring us enough tea pots. Fresh cream for the scones arrived after we had all eaten. We asked for more food and we're told that we would have to pay for anything extra. Being a high tea at £12.50 per person! We expected it to be a bit more special and exclusive, we were sat in the middle of a bar at a table so long that no1 could get past. Dinner that night was again awful service. The food was overpriced too.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Shaunamona

Dear "Shaunamona"
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Our General Manager would like to deal with your issues personally and suggests you contact him directly at the hotel using "Shaunamona" and quoting your booking reference number. Our GM wishes to fully investigate the content of your report and take the appropriate action. We do take our guest's comments seriously and use them to improve standards as necessary. We look forward to hearing from you, kind regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Had this problem in the past, Breakfast dissapointing due to Soda/Potato Bread being deep fried, sausages look like they were deep fried too. I am sure this is for speed on a busy morning, when I asked about it I was told by Resaurant Staff that the kitcjen didnt have a hotplate! Eggs again floating in a pool of grease.
Management and Chef take note, A 4 Star Hotel should be able to provide a proper "ulster fry"
nicely cooked in the traditional way.

2  Thank Robert M

Dear "Robert M"
Thank you for your feedback regarding your breakfast and the Head Chef has been made aware of your comments, kind regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was planning to propose to my girlfriend, and booked a night in the Archdale Suite at Killyhevlin; (this room has perhaps the best view in the world). I needed to organise a variety of things to make the evening that bit more special, and all the staff at Killyhevlin were supremely helpful. It literally couldn't have happened without them (esp. Sharon...)
Besides their helpfulness, the hotel is clean, comfortable and friendly. Good pool and leisure centre. Breakfast is OK, certainly plenty to go round. And those views...

Room Tip: Archdale Suite, stunning views, massive and with awesome bath.
1  Thank Michael M

Dear "mickeym1602"
Congratulations on your proposal and such arranging .. well done! It was quite exciting to know all this planning was going on in secret - its great when it all comes together so well. we all wish you well in your future together, warmest wishes, Leigh Watson, HR manager.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Was taken to the Killyhevlin Chalets as a birthday treat. They were excellent and in beautiful surroundings. You are free to come and go as you please and as it is self catering you can make it as cheap as you want. But you still have the use of all the hotel facilities. You can also take your dog with you. I would highly recommend the Killyhevlin Chalets and would not hesitate to go back again.

Dear "Audrey P"
Thank you very much for your kind feedback on your recent stay in one of our self catering chalets on the occasion of your birthday. We look forward to seeing you return on many more occasions and thank you for the recommendation, kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Lough Erne Resort
Westville Hotel
#2 of 7 in Enniskillen
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort

Been to Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges? Share your experiences!