“Best hotel stay I've had! Would DEFINITELY recommend to anyone!”

Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
“Best hotel stay I've had! Would DEFINITELY recommend to anyone!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here with my friend for a few days relaxation. I can safely say it was best hotel stay I've had. We got a brilliant deal and stayed for two nights, with breakfast each morning and a meal at silks restaurant. Originally we had booked a premier room but on arriving at hotel we had been upgraded to one of the signature suites- this was simply exquisite! So luxurious with a beautiful view onto the lake from all angles. Room was extremely clean, very comfortable and luxurious and had a spacious bathroom with jacuzzi bath. I could honestly have stayed there for another month! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was first class- couldn't ask for better! Before I came I read reviews online and some people had complained about rooms and about staff- all I can say is that these people must have been nit picking big time! I cannot recommend this hotel enough! Perfect base for exploring enniskillen and surrounding areas, the only down point for me was the actual area itself: in my opinion Fermanagh is very hard to find all the nice spots. But to be honest I could have happily stayed at hotel! Well done hotel team!

• Stayed April 2014
Manager180, Manager at Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear "Cherith91"
Thank you very much for your excellent review of your recent stay with your friend and you kind words for our hotel team - a bit of encouragement goes along way. We're delighted to have assisted in making your stay so enjoyable and look forward to having you return on many more occasions, kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had a lovely time at the Killyhevlin. Rooms lovely. Both the one my daughter and I had and of course the one my folks had. We had a room view was awesome. My daughter and I always order room service when we go away. My daughter loves that. Very quick service, food nice and hot. Can't fault the hotel. Staff very welcoming and helpful. My daughter made use of the swimming pool. Had to pay for a cap for my dad and daughter which I thought was a tad too much... not expensive but ,,, Anyhow everything else was super - couldn't fault the cleanliness of the rooms. Bathrooms spotless. Would recommend! Been there a few years back but like to go to different hotels. would certainly go back and this time hopefully try out the spa and hot tub.

Room Tip: Room with a view. Stunning!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear "shernelle k"
Thank you very much for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you return as a family on many more occasions. Kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed recent stay attended wedding and couldn't recommend this venue highly enough .setting is beautiful and staff are helpful and friendly Food was very nice and portions generous !Can't wait to make a return visit and explore Fermanagh more !

1 Thank Daisy603
Manager180, Manager at Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear "Daisy603"
Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay on the occasion of attending a wedding. We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to your return visit, kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR manager.
Belfast
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Excellent stay at the Killyhevlin on a Thursday night offer (£118 BBD for 2). Very pleasant dinner, excellent breakfast and very pleasant staff. Room - and the rest of the hotel - appeared to have been recently refurbished and couldn't be faulted. View from the hotel down the lough in the evening sun (in April!) exceptional. Cannot comment on Spa as didn't use.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M
Dear "Michael M"
Thank you very much for your very complimentary review of your stay with us. Suppose I'd be pushing it if I said its always sunny here!! Its great you enjoyed your break and we look forward to having you stay again with time to try our Elemis Spa, kindest regards Leigh Watson, HR manager.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I had a lovely break at the Killyhelvin recently. We were accompanied by my parents and it made our holiday to be dealt with by friendly, mature, local staff members in the restaurant and lounge. I'd like to particularly mention Margaret, Ann and Michelle who were always so helpful. We had requested an accessible room for my parents. I liked the fact that it was a lake-view room as so often accessible rooms face the car-parks. We requested and were given a second armchair for their room with no fuss or bother. My husband and I had a lovely swim every morning in the excellent pool. The gym looks great too. The food was very acceptable but what really made our stay was the excellent entertainment (Jane on piano) in the evenings, something we were not expecting and was so welcome when you are staying with older people. The views of Lough Erne from the lounge are just beautiful, even on misty days, and there is the opportunity to sit out or take a stroll to enjoy these views. My father has asked me to include his review with mine so here it is:
My wife and I have just come back from a 3 day break to the Killyhevlin Hotel which my daughter and son-in-law arranged for us. We mutually agreed that everything was excellent. The staff were friendly and courteous. I am ninety-one years old and partially incapacitated following two strokes. We requested and were given first-class safety measures in the bathroom which I appreciated very much. Memo to hotel management – one of your staff, Jane McKinley, played the piano nightly (everything from Bach to Rodgers and Hammerstein and Percy French). She had a great repertoire. It was delightful. Treasure her, she is a musical gem.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a lake view room, they don't cost much extra. Accessible rooms have excellent...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidandPatricia
Dear "DavidandPatricia"
Thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent 3 day break with your family. It was our pleasure to look after your parents and w are delighted with your father's feedback also. Jane will certainly be pleased: she is so enthusiastic about her music and we do treasure her. Kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR manager.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely an relaxing views, good food, clean nicely kepted rooms, the general hotels staff were pleasant and pleasing. Regarding the spa and the staff that work in the spa/ leisure, I myself have been left feeling massively let down, from my experience I've been dismissed, spoken down to and disregarded from staff and very surprisingly management also, I would advise booking for short breaks but as I felt cheated via my mum to be treatment and not to mention left feeling stressed be the way i was handled at 35weeks pregnant. I diffently would not recommend the spa at the killyhavlin hotel to a friend. Sad costermers care, with poor people's skills in a 4* spa. This is just not good enough. apologies go a long way. thanks for taking the time to read hopefully youll not be treated in the same unkindly nature
K.Eppleston

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank kelly e
Dear "kelly e"
Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention and to enable us to carryout further investigations our General Manager would be obliged if you would contact him directly at the hotel quoting your reservation/ booking number and using "kelly e" as identification. We do not enjoy criticism but will investigate and make amends to ensure future guests receive excellent service. We look forward to hearing from you, kind regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Came for drinks on a very sunny afternoon. View of lough was beautiful and a very calming place to be.
Food looked good and staff helpful.would return again for that view.
Felt quite young around hotel so maybe not for us but enjoyed location.

Dear "Rinster1"
Thank you for your kind comments on your sunny afternoon drinks overlooking Lough Erne - what's not to like! We'd be delighted to see you back, kind regards, Leigh Watson, HR manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Lough Erne Resort
#6 of 7 in Enniskillen
Knockninny Country House & Marina
Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club

Been to Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges? Share your experiences!