Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Belmore Court Motel(Enniskillen)
Westville Hotel(Enniskillen)
Lough Erne Resort(Enniskillen)
View Hotel
Erne A Rest B&B(Derrylin)
Mahon's Hotel(Irvinestown)
The Valley Hotel(Fivemiletown)
Finn Lough(Enniskillen)
  • Restaurant
1,885 results
All reviewskove restaurantthe outdoor hot tubhealth clubsunday carveryhealth suiteleisure facilitiesfirst classthe grilllake viewcourse mealwedding receptionlough ernenight breaksteam roomspa arealovely hotelboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014

On Saturday 5th July 2014, my wife and me together with two others visited the Killyhevlin Hotel for a round of sandwiches and tea and coffee. To rate their sandwiches at anything other than poor to fair would be inaccurate. However, that is not the reason why I write. Three of the party ordered tea and the fourth coffee. Obviously, already knowing that that pot of tea brought to table was insufficient for three person, as the waitress left it down, she told us that if we needed more to call her. There was barely three cups in the pot and, yes, we had to call for more tea which was indeed taken to us in a relatively short space of time. This to my knowledge is a four star hotel and I have no doubt a very fine and well run established but I am perplexed as to why attention to smaller detail tends to be overlooked as it was on this occasion. Please, please, serve tea in a teapot that holds up to two cups per person or, alternatively, if you are short of mid-size to large teapots, bring two of those smaller ones at the outset.

Room Tip: Enjoy the riverside views from the dining room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager180, Manager at Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear "Sean F"
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit with us at Killyhevlin to dine from our snack menu. Please accept my apologies on behalf of Killyhevlin that on this occasion it would appear our normal standard was not adhered to. We will certainly address the issues raised and thank you for bringing them to our attention thereby assisting us to raise our standards. Should you wish to discus this matter further you can speak with Aidan (Deputy Manager) on info@killyhevlin.com. We will be delighted to see you return and assure you of our best customer service, kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to Belfast from Sligo for something to eat in the bar restaurant.
I had one of the poorest carvery dinners we had in a long time.
The turkey was a dry as leather and the veg looked like this were sitting under the lights for a year. Oh and the forks were child's size for some reason.
However The hotel it self was clean and well presented.
Food was disappointing.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Clearinfo
Manager180, Manager at Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear "Clearinfo"
Thank you visiting us en route to Sligo. It is unfortunate that you found our popular buffet not to your taste. We are very disappointed with your feedback as at this time our year our buffet is particularly busy and the carved joint and other dishes including the potatoes and vegetables are constantly replenished to service demand. We certainly use full size cutlery but perhaps starter cutlery was lifted by mistake at the cutlery/ cash point. Please accept our apologies that you did not find your visit on this occasion to be the excellent one we would prefer for our guests. Our Manager - Aidan will be happy to discuss your feedback if you wish to contact him on: info@killyhevlin.com. Kind regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Went to the Killyhevlin hotel tonight with a few friends for a birthday, had a great night the band (Jinx) was amazing had us all singing along and really gave us a night to remember. Sadly the whole night was destroyed by one member of staff ( a women called "Kate") who worked behind the bar she was rude, dry and unhelpful but the icing on the cake was the way she spoke to the guy from the band when he enquired about getting paid, we could not believe what we were hearing, not only were we shocked and embarrassed by the way he was spoke to but it was totally uncalled for the way he was treated we all felt really bad for the guy i know if I was him I would never play here again i know we will never be back!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank yogibear85

Dear "yogibear85"
Thank you your feedback on your recent visit to celebrate your friend's birthday. We will certainly retain "Jinx" on our list of entertainers and thank you for the recommendation. Please accept my apologies for having to experience one of our team not practicing our policy for excellent customer care. We treat such maters gravely and I can assure management will investigate the matter with the individual named. We will be delighted to have you return and hope this rare moment of poor behaviour by one member of staff will not mar your memory of the evening. Should you wish to - please contact Aidan (Deputy Manager) on info@killyhevlin.com to discuss this matter further. Kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed one night at the hotel during a mid week special "dine and stay". Enjoyed the facilities though the steps into the swimming pool are very dangerous as you can't tell how many there are. The hot tub is much smaller than the one pictured on the hotel website - one of the guests mentioned that it was installed about one year ago. At most only two people could comfortably fit in it. I had called twice to let the dinning room know I was requesting a vegan meal. The food was good but I was disappointed that I had to specifically request what I wanted to eat as they had not been able to offer any suggestions! Staff very friendly especially in the restaurant. My reason for staying at the hotel was to treat my two sisters to a relaxing break and spa treatment. I can't tell you how disappointed I was in the spa. Two of us had a massage and it was the most unpleasant experience ever! Had to go through hell making the booking to begin with as I was trying to coordinate for three of us from three different countries with a time difference of 8 hours. Had booked on line but they wanted me to call them as the time I requested was not available. It took one month to get the treatments arranged, only to have the most awful massage ever! My sister had pain and discomfort in her back for days afterwards! After the massage while covered in oil we were asked to get dressed and go to the relaxation room. I was astounded that they did not provide bath robes at this point. Even ore disappointing was the comment when I requested a robe the spa therapist said "you don't need one"' I explained that I had just bought new clothes and didn't want to get oil stains on them. I had bought new clothes as Aer lLingus took 3 days to deliver my luggage from Heathrow, but that's another story. I felt pressured to get dressed and out of the treatment room and pay for the service. Would return to the hotel. As for the spa I'm going to be honest it was a nightmare I would not wish on anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 403Victoria

Dear "403Victoria"
Thank you so much for choosing the Killyhevlin as the venue for meeting with your sisters and we were delighted to welcome you all. It was indeed unfortunate that the differing time zones in your different countries caused such complications between you when planning and confirming your booking and how terribly disappointing that the air line delayed your luggage causing further stress. For our part, our General Manager is happy for you to contact him directly by e-mail: david@killyhevlin.com as he wishes to fully investigate the issues you have raised. We take customer care very seriously and are disappointed that on this occasion it would appear we did not offer the excellent service we wish to remembered for. Kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Room lovely with view of the Lough, 4 course meal package included steak with a small supplement, many breakfast choices available, pool and Jacuzzi clean and warm, staff friendly, all in all a great place for a break.

Room Tip: Lough view room better if you have time to watch the boats go by. Check offers before you book for free upgrades and food included.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear "Cudz2014"
Thank you very much for such an excellent review. We are happy you found everything met with your expectations and hope to have you back to stay on many more occasions, many thanks again and kindest regards, Leigh Watson, HR Manager.