“A true gem”

Abocurragh Farm Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 22 Enniskillen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We found this B&B purely by chance. What a find! A small very friendly B&B in a very quiet and beautiful location. A friendly welcome and a comfortable room topped by one of the best breakfasts we have ever eaten, their menu would put most 5 star hotels to shame.

Room Tip: All rooms had a good view

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while touring Northern Ireland. The property is beautifully situated in the Fermanagh countryside, so is very quiet, with lovely views from the room. The room was pleasant, comfortable and clean - just had to watch your head moving around in the night on account of the sloping ceiling.
Bernie was a great host - first time I've been offered a glass of whiskey when I come in at night! Breakfast was the best of our tour: my favourite, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, beautifully cooked and beautifully presented.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
bernieAbocurragh, Owner at Abocurragh Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear John,
Thank you for your lovely review of your visit to Abocurragh. delighted you enjoyed your stay.you must have been allocated our double room which has wonderful views but is the one with the sloping ceiling. I am happy to provide a little nightcap to any guest and its nice you appreciated it hope this didn't leave you tipsy for the sloping ceiling!!

I have provided new options for breakfast this year and they are proving to be very popular.
Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this B&B for one night. I found Bernie the owner very friendly and she couldn't have been more helpful. The room we had was very clean and nicely decorated in a farmhousey way. There was everything we needed including free wi fi, and chocolates! The setting of this house is beautiful in the middle of stunning countryside. Breakfast was very good, although I didn't have it I heard from another guest that her porridge is the best ever!. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Pat,
Thank you for staying with us at Abocurragh and for your lovely review.
bernie

Reviewed 11 August 2014

After reading the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor we had very high expectations when visiting Abocurragh Farmhouse B&B.

As stated by other travellers, the location was great, the rooms were nicely decorated and the breakfast was very good.

Unfortunately not everything was up to the high standards advertised. The reception and the further service was friendly but also very businesslike, reminding us more of a hotel. Although there was a good choice of coffee, tea and sweets in the room, nothing was restocked on the following days. Something we have not experienced in other places not even in cheap hotel chains.

As we had to leave well before the usual breakfast time on our last day we were surprised to learn that there was no hot water for taking a shower or having a shave. Although paying the full price for the last day, we were not offered an adequate alternative for the missed breakfast.

What also surprised us was the fact that credit cards are only taken when you pay a 2.5 % surcharge, something very unusual in the UK.

All in all Abocurragh Farmhouse B&B is not a bad place to stay. But it is definitely not as spectacular as you may expect after all the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor, particularly when you take the price into account.

Dear Sir/Madam,
First of all I would like to Thank you for the positive comments of your visit to Abocurragh.
I am however sorry that we didn't meet the high expectations that you had but would like to address them
. I notice this is your first review on Trip Advisor so wonder how much experience you have of Bed and Breakfasts and if your expectations were too high.
Firstly you mention the check in ,now while we are a small bed and breakfast this still is a business we operate therefore will not make any excuses for being "business-like" ,and certain practicalities have to be taken care of , we fundamentally differ from hotels in that we offer tea/coffee and home made cookies providing us with an opportunity to have a chat and ensure you have all relevant information to maximise your visit to this area. I fail to see the relevance of your comment on this matter.
Our rooms are checked each day for fresh towels ,bins emptied and replenishing of hospitality trays ,including biscuits and chocolate bars so I am surprised at your findings on this but sadly you do not seemed to have read the information folder in room ,where we ask that if anything is missing or overlooked to please inform us. This would again have explained that if you need hot water very early in morning when pumping system is off , a little patience would give you all the water you require as we have a constant supply.
I provide complimentary chocolates in bedrooms , reception area and sitting room but if I thought you especially liked them would gladly have provided a whole box for you.
Your point on credit card charges is incorrect and alternative methods of payments are available.
Any guest needing to leave early before breakfast are always offered to avail of fresh milk ,cereals and juices , so I am unsure as to what your expectations were in this regard!

We strive to provide a high standard of accommodation, give value for money and have guests leaving happy and an disappointed that you were not entirely satisfied.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife and I spent a night at this BB in Enniskillen. Bernie is a gracious host and runs a wonderful BB. Although we were only there 1 night, we would have liked to have spent more time. The accommodations were first rate, the setting is gorgeous and area is full of sights to see.
Bernie was very helpful with local eating and sight seeing information.
Breakfast in the nook was delicious and filling.
I would highly recommend this BB for your place to stay in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ian,
Thank you posting a lovely review on Trip Advisor and delighted you enjoyed your stay. Yes there is so much to see and do in this lovely County of Fermanagh I do encourage guest to try and stay a second night if possible.
Bernie

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Abocurragh Farmhouse hosts, Bernie and Gerry, made this three day visit particularly memorable. Both were generous with their time and fun to chat with. Bernie is a font of knowledge of the fascinating history of the area. And, oh, her wonderful Irish breakfasts--served in a charming breakfast nook--that kept us full all day! Abocurragh is a working dairy farm. The immediate grounds overwhelm the senses with meandering pathways overflowing with beautiful flowers and trees. In the near distance are fields of sheep and dairy cows. We were there in the lambing season. There is nothing cuter in this world than a lamb newly born! In the far distance, the mountains complete the scenery's picture postcard perfection. We enjoyed several hikes while we were there--particularly the grounds of Florence Court with its huge flowering rhododendron and Castle Coole where bluebells carpeted its forest. And don't forget to visit Marble Arch Caves with its towering stalactites and stalagmites--an experience not to be forgotten! We unreservedly recommend Abocurragh Farmhouse. We loved our time there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandy,
thank you so much for your lovely descriptive review of Abocurragh and our surrounding area. Do I detect a writer in you? I often think that Spring is our lovliest time of year and it was great you were here to see the newborn lambs and wonderful flowers and shrubs.
thank you. bernie

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had just a one-night stay at this small B&B in rural Northern Ireland, but I wouldn't hesitate to return again or recommend it heartily. We had a very spacious second floor room. It was attractively appointed, clean and comfortable. Abocurragh is on a working dairy farm, with the pastures and milking barn located adjacent to the house. There is a beautiful garden off the back of the house. Breakfast was made to order and delicious. The proprietor, Bernie, was welcoming and helpful with dining recommendations for the nearby town of Belcoo. We had no problems with booking in advance from the U.S. and getting email confirmations from Bernie.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

dear Paul C,
thank you for your great review of your visit to Abocurragh and for taking the time to post it. we appreciate your vote of confidence.
Bernie