“Nice for lunch”
Review of Cafe Mauds

Cafe Mauds
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I enjoy Mauds for a spot of lunch with friends. Their menu is varied and tasty, if not a little expensive. I enjoy the FarmHouse Melt panini or the odd pizza, which is always freshly made. Mauds is ultimately famous for their desserts which I love in here! The staff are always friendly and attentive. Nice place to stop for a bite.

1  Thank Gemma M
PaulGamble, Owner at Cafe Mauds, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

We conduct a price comparison survey twice yearly before updating our menus. Our pricing is at the lower end of the scale when compared with other local cafes.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Mauds has always been a place for lovly food/desert and im never let down my it although some of there staff or very rude and unhelpful! Also.think prices or quite high compared to other restaurants/cafes which has the same standard of food.

PaulGamble, Owner at Cafe Mauds, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We conduct a price comparison survey twice yearly before updating our menus. Our prices are in fact at the lower end of the pricing scale when compared with other local cafes.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I visited Maud's last Sunday. I walked in and asked for a cone. The server picked had no plastic gloves on, picked up the cone and placed it in a napkin. When asked if it is policy to wear gloves, she replied, " No, sorry." and proceeded to fulfil the order. I told her I would leave it. Hygiene doesn't seem to be a priority, so I won't be back.

3  Thank Alison-Michael
PaulGamble, Owner at Cafe Mauds, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I apologise that on this occasion your cone was handled incorrectly, I have spoken to the member of staff reference her mistake whilst serving ice-cream on the day you visited.

As suggested by Environmental Health in Enniskillen we wrap a napkin around the cone when serving an ice-cream - we do not use plastic gloves.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Now I've been to Maud's a lot, and I mean a lot over the years but the last two occasions have left me less than impressed. I refuse to come here for coffee again and the service needs to pay attention to the customers a little more. One thing I will never fault is the ice cream, yet to try any better anywhere so id definitely send anyone looking ice cream to Maud's.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I took my sister and her family to a very busy Mauds for lunch today and all 4 of us decided to have the soup and rolls (vegetable soup) - which was the best we have ever had!. I eat here frequently and the food is always excellent - Thank you.