“brilliant”
Review of Ardhowen Theatre

Ardhowen Theatre
Ranked #17 of 40 things to do in Enniskillen
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great show in a beautiful theatre. Very good parking facilities. Loved the bar staff as they were very friendly and the prices were very fair.

All reviews
"lovely location"
"lough erne"
"concert"
in 3 reviews
"interval"
"acts"

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We went to a play which unfortunately we did not understand fully due to local dialect but we felt the whole cast gave it their all.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had a lovely lunch here with my daughter lovely to sit and watch the view of the Lough as we dined not very busy attentive staff not well enough advertised. Deserves more publicity

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Before a recent business trip to Fermanagh I looked at the Ardhowen's programme online and was delighted to see there was a play on for one night during my stay. I haven't been to the theatre for ages and if I was able to walk 10 minutes to a 'local' (as I did on this evening, from the nearby Killyhevlin hotel) I would be much more cultured!

I hadn't booked, and arrived with just a few minutes to go, but easily bought my ticket (a flat £10, great value) for 'The Lonesome West'. This was a typically Irish, rural comedy, both dark and irreverent, which had the audience in fits. For a one-night production in two acts, I was impressed with the quality and turnout.

During the interval I was able to enjoy my G&T overlooking the theatre's public jetty - so you can arrive by boat - how fantastic. As with larger theatres, drinks can be ordered in advance and are set out. There is plenty of parking, common areas are bright and spacious, the box office has lots of local information, the programme seems full and varied, service pleasant and efficient.

If you are local or holidaying in the area, or need to pep up a business trip, this great little theatre is highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited the Adhowen theatre to see The Kilkennys, which in itself was a wonderful experience (if you get the chance, anywhere, to see this Irish folk and ballad group - don't miss it!!!!). We had booked on the internet before we left home (overseas) and found that instead of the expected 4 rows back, we were eyeball to eyeball in the front row - what a thrill! The show was very reasonably priced at 14 GBP pp - where else could you see a group of this calibre for that price? They were on the stage for a full two hours (1 hr, 20 minute break then another hour). The theatre itself was intimate, with great acoustics and light show. The theatre is situated on a lovely bend in the river and the reflections on the night we were there were perfect. The theatre is modern with a large floor-to-ceiling glass-windowed vista to the river, with plenty of sitting area by the well-stocked bar. We were very impressed.