“relaxing break”
Review of Lough Erne Resort

Lough Erne Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Reviewed 17 August 2012

my husband and I recently had an extremely enjoyable stay at Lough Erne. the hotel itself is set in stunning grounds which we were fortunate enough to be able to stroll around in the sun. we then relaxed in the luxurious pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. the staff were very friendly and professional and couldn't do enough for us. the meal was delicious, one of the best I've had in quite a while (dessert was divine). the breakfast was also very tasty and well presented. thanks to the beautiful weather, we were able to have drinks outside by the lake-side, most relaxing and enjoyable stay. we will definitely return soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear "kerberBelfast"

I am delighted that you had such a relaxing break, there is no doubt that the weather certainly helps. We have a lovely property, but there is no substitute for the opportunity to walk and enjoy the gardens and grounds.

Having said all that, everything else needs to be right and I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, dessert in particular and especially the Thai Spa. Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review, and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.

Ferghal

Write a ReviewReviews (1,548)

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Love this hotel even though we complain about the high prices but now they have taken away
the waiter served breakfast and the replacement is not 5 star standard, we all like cooked to
order food what you get now is precooked, prepoked and not very tasty.
I know the hotel in summer is busy but why resort to 3 star service for breakfast, I am not a
fan of serve yourself breakfast as you always feel someone has been through it before you
have arrived, the location of the hot food service was also wrong as the queue blocked the
entrance to the kitchen and the dinning room.
Apart from that we enjoyed Lough Erne, Golf is to expensive that's why the course is not busy.

Room Tip: 217 is a very nice room even though it is at the front
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear "Leslie104"

Thank you for your recent comments regarding the availability of waiter service at Breakfast. It has not changed and indeed is still available, however I am terribly sorry for it is obvious that we did not make this clear to you. I agree that it is quite pleasant just to order and sit and have it delivered.

I am surprised about the golf, for we have a range of deals and packages available through the Pro Shop. Again, I will ensure that we are communicating these accurately to our residents.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with us, and I look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

First night power cut food late and cold no communication from the staff then one member of staff offers an apology and then the manager comps the meal and apologises for the disruption and promises to contact us the next day no contact. Next evening dinner in the bar the food was tasty but 35 min after finishing our main we were still looking at our plates not five star service

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Montygb100

Dear "Montygb100"

I was disappointed to note your comments regarding the recent power outage that we had the Resort. Despite having plans in place for such an occurrence, we experienced additional difficulties on the night. I am terrible sorry that we were not as forthcoming in communicating with you, it proved to be a particularly difficult evening.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts, and I genuinely hope that it will not deter you from visiting us again at some stage in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The afternoon tea experience is something else!!
Our waitress was a lovely lady named Nuala, she was fantastic, very warm and welcoming.
I have had afternoon tea in two other hotels but it was very pretentious, but this was very relaxed we sat for hours enjoying the lovely selection of tea and snacks.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear "Sinead M"

Nuala is really special, and makes the whole experience that little bit more enjoyable. I am delighted that you were able to relax and linger, we do not the get the opportunity to do enough of it anymore.

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I went here with my husband to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THE STAY. We stayed for two nights and found the staff very freindly and the rooms spotless and the hotel fantastic.
The walks around the golf course are amazing and the views where amazing.
The food was very arty but tasted fab.
WE WILL BE BACK. Hopefully before our 20th anniversary.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a lake view room
1  Thank skinnybabs84

Dear "SkinnyBabs84"

We are always delighted here at Lough Erne when anniversaries are celebrated and enjoyed with us. Whether it’s your first or 10th they are all important, and we are delighted to play some small part in the celebrations.

Congratulations on reaching such an important milestone. We wish you health and happiness for the next 10 years. Thank you especially, for taking the time to post such a lovely review.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Spent three nights in Lough Erne Resort end of July everything was very good. The staff were so helpful ,the hotel perfect ,the location is the best in the country, However the food in the main restaurant was a big let down ,the crab was absent in the starter just rice etc. The main course ordered was a selection of pork and veg. while the veg and the sauce were excellent the pork was like rubber and had to ask for a steak knife. It was i guess cooked long in advance or the chef was in a huff. A nice midweek break ruined by poor greasy spoon food.

Dear "John G"

Please allow me to begin by thanking you for the positives identified on your recent posting. I was however, terribly disappointed to note your comments regarding the food, and in particular the pork dish, for it is one of our signature dishes, and rarely if ever the source of a complaint.

The Chef and I are terribly sorry that for what ever reason it was not up to its usual standard. We have thus reviewed all practices associated in the preparation and presentation of the dish to ensure that such experiences do not re-occur.

I do hope that this dish alone would not deter you from visiting Fermanagh again at some stage in the future and especially Lough Erne Resort.

Yours sincerely

Ferghal Purcell

Reviewed 13 August 2012

As you can see the Lough Erne was a little piece of Heaven...just a couple of little things wrong in my opinion but not enough to moan about.First the Great things about it.We stayed in a lodge and we were apprenshive as we didnt know what to expect.The place was truly magnificent.Two beautiful bedrooms both with full bathrooms.....one bedrom was upstairs and both rooms had two double doors that when opened had the wow factor over the lake and golf course I took pictures but they didnt do the place justice so I wont put them up.There was a fully fitted kitchen/dining room and living room but because we were on a package we ate both mornings in the hotel and one night in the restaurant.The food was good and yes the breads are THE BEST EVER and I like to bake myself but it is completely overpriced in the diningroom and we ate in The merlot Cafe in Enniskillen the second night.It was better and much cheaper.I know the place is five star.So also is the Four Seasons which we frequent in Dublin a few times a year and their prices are not like Lough Erne.These people should be encouraging people from The Eurozone to their place.Breakfast was pretty good but bedlum on the Sunday Morning The staff couldnt cope at all and we waited and waited and evenytually we got our ordered food.Sorry Lough Erne not good enough for 5 star.Another little complaint is that the windows were dirty in a lot of the glass in the lodge.The views are so beautiful that I cleaned them myself.Small thing but most annoying!!!!The rooms were very hot at night Dont know if it was a heat or aircon system they have in the lodges but I couldnt get it to work.The beds are so comfortable ...pity about the heat problem.The grounds are amazing as are the walks.Couldnt get anytreatment in the Spa but will know to book in advance next time and I will go back....just wont be eating there.Very relaxing place totally fell in love with it .Staff very nice everywhere....

Room Tip: Lodges are amazing , sunny and you can enjoy sitting outside them
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisireland
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear "Lisireland"

Thank you for your very positive and detailed review which you posted recently. Our Lodges have become extremely popular in recent times, for the very reasons you identified. As for the breads, we spend more time replenishing supplies and giving out the recipe for the treacle bread than we do serving main courses.

Sorry about breakfast on the Sunday, the large volume of people is not an excuse for slow service. The Thai really is worth trying, it is a shame that you did not get the opportunity to do so, perhaps the next time.

Thank you once again and I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Kind regards

Ferghal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club
Mahon's Hotel
Mahon's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown

Been to Lough Erne Resort? Share your experiences!