“Wonderful Wedding”
Review of Lough Erne Resort

Lough Erne Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Enniskillen
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My husband and I had our wedding reception here in October 2010. I am slightly belated in my review!
It really couldn't have been better. The staff were fabulous and looked after everyone incredibly well from start to finish. We had many guest travelling to Northern Ireland for the first time, from all corners of the earth, and they were all incredibly impressed with the welcome and service they received and many have returned since.
Nothing was too much trouble and the food at the wedding reception was just perfect. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was as often quality levels can drop when catering for 120 plus people! Our friends still talk about how good the food was!
The location is absolutely stunning and we were lucky to have the autumn colours in full bloom as a gorgeous backdrop to our wedding photos.
Lots of the men played golf the day before our wedding and thoroughly enjoyed that experience. Many of the ladies (including myself) used the Thai spa and again, couldn't find fault with it.
My husband and I had such a beautiful suite for our wedding night, sadly we only got to spend a few hours in it as we reluctantly had to leave quite early the next morning for our honeymoon.
We are dying to get back to spend a weekend at Lough Erne and to relive all of those special memories.

Room Tip: Facing the lough - a bit more expensive but worth it!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear "Miaowface"

We always enjoy receiving such positive reviews, even it is a little after the wedding. We continue to work hard at ensuring the service levels remain high, particularly when it is your wedding day, and I would like to think that today we are as good as we were on your special day.

A great many of the team are still here and I will be delighted to pass on your very kind words.

There are newer reviews for Lough Erne Resort

Reviewed 23 August 2012

My husband stayed on Tuesday 21st August. The hotel is beautiful, grounds wonderful, dinner was fab with a wonderful Maitre D. The food was sublime but what makes it a even more wonderful experience is the staff, everyone is so pleasant and helpful. We went on a special offer and although I did sort hate being stuck in the every far last room, I wonder do hotel give special offer guests their more unsellable rooms?? Even with this there was abs nothing wrong with the room I cannot wait to go back. This will be an annual weekened away now

1  Thank Nelderwoman

Dear "Nelderwoman"

I was delighted to read your very positive comments, and thank you for taking the time to post these. It is always a pleasure to pass these on to the staff for they are the cornerstone of the property....

In respect of the location of your room, I can assure you that it was in no way influenced by the package or rate that we were on. It really can be the luck of the draw.

We cannot wait to have you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Spent two nights during August 2012, the Hotel is wonderful and and the bedroom was excellent - our room had stunning views over the Lough. The staff were extremely attentive and helpful. The food in the bar was superb, as was the breakfast each morning. Unfortunately we didn't have time to play golf but this is something we will definitely do in the not too distant future. If you have kids, Its worth remembering that they are only allowed in the swimming pool between 10am & 4pm.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the lough are worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear "Mac52_11"

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us here at Lough Erne Resort.

I will more than happy to pass your comments to everyone involved. I am sorry that you missed playing on The Faldo Course, we will have to ensure that you get the opportunity next time round. Although if you are travelling with a partner, it may cost you the price of a Spa treatment.

Looking forward to having you back.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just back from this fab hotel and it is 5 star plus from the moment you enter to the time you leave you are treated like royalty. The food is excellent as are the staff. Looking forward to our return visit.

Room Tip: Any room is lovely.

Dear "madmonk45"

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit to Lough Erne Resort, and I will certainly pass on your kind words to all the staff. It is rewarding to hear you were treated so well.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here in June during our 12 day vacation in Ireland/N. Ireland. This was by far the best hotel of our trip. The hotel was beautiful, the room was wonderful, the staff was attentive. We walked the grounds and the views were lovely. The bar was very nice, the restaurants both had great food and service. We experienced no problems during our stay. If your travels take you to the Enniskillen area we would highly recommend that you stay at this resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
LoughErneResort, General Manager at Lough Erne Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear "LM 77"

I am delighted that we were the "Best Hotel" of your trip. We always wonder how we compare to others, and I am delighted that in your case, we were the best.

I will be delighted to pass on your kind words, and thank you for taking the time to post such a delightful review.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We took my elderly mother to Lough Erne Resort yesterday for afternoon tea. Everything was perfect - and the weather did help!! Great service, food, ambience and what a view. thank you to staff who made it a great day out for a nearly-ninety year old.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank EMcS_11

Dear "EMcS_11"

Having three elderly Aunts whom I would take out on occasion, I know and understand the importance of their day and that the enjoyment they derive from such occasions. I am delighted that your Mother enjoyed herself, and I will be delighted to pass on your kind words to all of the staff.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

My wife and I spent a night here and had the evening meal in the restaurant. The meal and service was of a very high standard. The prawn starter and pork main were excellent as were the desserts. The head chef Noel spoke to guests afterwards which is always a nice touch. Would thoroughly recommend.

Dear "BallymenaFrank"

Chef Noel has a wonderful reputation, not just for his food, but for his desire to ensure that each and everyone customer enjoys it. His presence in the restaurant always adds to the occasion.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal, and in particular the pork dish, it is one of my favorites. Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review, and we look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Ferghal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniskillen
Killyhevlin Lakeside Hotel & Lodges
Mahon's Hotel
Mahon's Hotel
#1 of 1 in Irvinestown
Knockninny Country House & Marina

Been to Lough Erne Resort? Share your experiences!