My husband and I had our wedding reception here in October 2010. I am slightly belated in my review!
It really couldn't have been better. The staff were fabulous and looked after everyone incredibly well from start to finish. We had many guest travelling to Northern Ireland for the first time, from all corners of the earth, and they were all incredibly impressed with the welcome and service they received and many have returned since.
Nothing was too much trouble and the food at the wedding reception was just perfect. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was as often quality levels can drop when catering for 120 plus people! Our friends still talk about how good the food was!
The location is absolutely stunning and we were lucky to have the autumn colours in full bloom as a gorgeous backdrop to our wedding photos.
Lots of the men played golf the day before our wedding and thoroughly enjoyed that experience. Many of the ladies (including myself) used the Thai spa and again, couldn't find fault with it.
My husband and I had such a beautiful suite for our wedding night, sadly we only got to spend a few hours in it as we reluctantly had to leave quite early the next morning for our honeymoon.
We are dying to get back to spend a weekend at Lough Erne and to relive all of those special memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh