We held our wedding reception at the Lough Erne Resort on Friday May 17th 2013 and I wouldn't rate any aspect of the day less than a 5 out of 5. The hotel is beautiful, set in a stunning location on the banks of Lough Erne. The level of service was exceptional; from the staff who were all so polite and friendly to the food, which was absolute perfection. This was the feedback not just from us (bride & groom) but from every guest that we spoke to. The bridal suite was absolutely amazing and the view was something else; overlooking the lake and a par 3 hole on the Faldo golf course. Our breakfast the following morning was beautiful; once again exceptional service and great food.
We had been living abroad for a year and a half leading up to the wedding so the organization and planning was slightly more awkward than what might be usual but Shweta, the Conference & Events Coordinator at the Lough Erne, was such a pleasure to deal with; so friendly and helpful and we really want to thank her so much for making it all come together so seamlessly. Also Thomas, who coordinated things on the day, was an absolute gentleman and looked after us all so well.
So all I can say is thank you so much to everyone at the Lough Erne Resort on behalf of myself and my new wife, Seána, for making our wedding day so perfect.
I would highlighy recommend this as a wedding venue to any soon-to-be newlyweds out there who are looking for somewhere unique to share their special day with friends and family.
Aidan & Seána
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Erne Resort, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, host venue to the G 8 Summit 2013 is the first AA and NITB Five Star Hotel in Northern Ireland and was awarded 'Best Hotel' at the 2011 Northern Ireland Tourism Awards. In 2010, it was awarded ‘Golf Resort of The Year’ by the Irish Golf Tour Operators Association. The Resort is the ultimate expression in old world heritage and new world luxury, set on its very own 600 acre peninsula, between Castle Hume Lough and Lower Lough Erne, just outside Enniskillen, with stunning panoramic views from almost every vantage point. This unique luxury Fermanagh hotel’s facilities include: •120 luxury Rooms and Suites•Two Championship Golf Courses including The Faldo Course, a Golf World & Golf Monthly Top 20 Course (UK & Ireland) and the Championship Castle Hume Course•Rory McIlroy has been its Touring Professional representing The Resort around the World•The Golf Academy, a state of the art Practice and Tuition centre•Authentic Thai Spa, with Thai Therapists using Thai Products and techniques•A variety of innovative Dining Experiences with menus composed by Award winning Chef, Noel McMeel. Including: The Catalina Restaurant, The Blaney Bar with an Exclusive collection of 101 Irish Whiskies; The Loughside Bar & Grill, a variety of Afternoon Teas in The Garden Hall and The Halfway House located behind the 9th Green of The Faldo Championship Course•6 Conference & Meeting Rooms•Cygnets The 'BIG' Experience for our younger guests (0-11 years)•One of Ireland’s most romantic Wedding Venues. All this combined with warm, friendly and attentive service make Lough Erne Resort one of the world’s most magical destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lough Erne Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Erne Hotel Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Enniskillen
- Lough Erne Resort Enniskillen, County Fermanagh